Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to use PH paper tester

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
revo2

Number of posts : 21

How to use PH paper tester Empty
PostSubject: How to use PH paper tester   How to use PH paper tester Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi to all, I'm new in the industry and our printing is only a small one. I just want to ask all of you gurus in the printing industry how to use the PH paper tester. My operator doesn't know how to use it also. Thanks in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: How to use PH paper tester   How to use PH paper tester Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Revo2!

PH papers normally are supplied with a PH color chart which shows different colors corresponding to different PH levels. To use the paper, you tear off a strip and immerse it in the fountain solution. The color developed in the paper is then compared with the PH color chart to determine the PH level of the solution.
Please note that the conventional fountain solution requires a certain level of acidity. This acidity together with the gum arabic desensitizes the non image areas of the plate. This prevents scumming in the non image areas. Too much acidity, however, will reduce the ability of image areas to hold ink, resulting in ghosting. It is important, therefore, to maintain the right PH level.

A PH of 7 is neutral. Values higher indicates alkalinity. Values lower indicates acidity. A PH range of 3.5 to 4.5 is generally required. However this may vary depending on the ink, paper and fountain concentrate used.

Hope this info helps. sunny
Back to top Go down
revo2

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: How to use PH paper tester   How to use PH paper tester Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi Sir Presstech,

Good day sir. Thank you very much sir for your reply and sharing your knowledge to us. Mabuhay ka sir. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use PH paper tester   How to use PH paper tester Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to use PH paper tester
Page 1 of 1