Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letterpress and letter plates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lomobabies

Number of posts : 14

Letterpress and letter plates  Empty
PostSubject: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi guys im so excited that i saw this forum (hopefully its still active) anyways i would like to ask where could i get a Letterpress machine? (The old school one like Adana 8x5) and where could i have Photopolymer plates made for this? thanks so much
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

i think it will be difficult to find an 8x5 letterpreess. The common size is 10x15. A used unit will probably sell for about P25T.

Photopolymer plates are no problem, since there are several shops that offer plating service.
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:37 am

thanks so much for the info:) would you happen to know anyone doing the photopolymer plates? ive tried going to recto quiapo but i think ive been going to the wrong places:( one printer even told me letterpress was dead Sad i would really love to start this hobby hopefully people in the forum would be able to help me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 am

Hi LOmobabies,

Maybe you can consider also flexo machine. Magtatayo ka ba ng printshop?

best regards,
ani-blade
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm

hi ani-blade,
actually im not so sure about what flexo is Smile although i do know i love letterpressed products. I just want it as a hobby Smile i just need someone to make my plates
Back to top Go down
writer-wife

writer-wife

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm

the biggest problem is finding a local paper supplier for letterpress works. crane's referred me to Star but Star doesnt have lettra paper. I am still trying to follow the other thread about letterpress. I have been asking since last year, actually---about paper. hehehe. I still haven't found a supplier yet. i'm not losing hope though.

for a hobbyist it is better to have a desktop letterpress though like sir presstech said, it may be hard to find one.

i hope this thread keeps going, unlike the others that are no longer updated and active. =(

PS: Congrats, Sir Larry! Mabuhay ka!

Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Marian Flexo in JP Rizal, Makati makes polymer plates. Their tel numbers are 8951926 and 8257004.

Also try Polygraphics Trading in Makati with tel number 8873471.

Hope these informations help.
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 pm

presstech wrote:
Marian Flexo in JP Rizal, Makati makes polymer plates. Their tel numbers are 8951926 and 8257004.

woohoo thanks so much i will call them first thing tom Smile bounce
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 pm

writer-wife wrote:
the biggest problem is finding a local paper supplier for letterpress works. crane's referred me to Star but Star doesnt have lettra paper. I am still trying to follow the other thread about letterpress. I have been asking since last year, actually---about paper. hehehe. I still haven't found a supplier yet. i'm not losing hope though.

for a hobbyist it is better to have a desktop letterpress though like sir presstech said, it may be hard to find one.

i hope this thread keeps going, unlike the others that are no longer updated and active. =(

im trying to get the cotton papers from national (hehe) Im also trying to source out the other suppliers overseas:)

writer-wife whats your machine? Where did you get it?
im so desperate to get one i've walked all around recto only for them to tell me that letterpress is dead (grrrr)

as of now Im waiting for the price quote of my first polymer plate... Hopefully i dont need to rob the bank for it hehe.

its up to us to keep this thread alive- Lets! Wink

Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Maraming binebenta na LPress sa Anonas / Molave area in Quezon City.

Call Filipino Presstech Trading for assistance. Tel 4345873 Mon-Fri. Look for Delio.

sunny
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 pm

presstech wrote:

Call Filipino Presstech Trading for assistance. Tel 4345873 Mon-Fri. Look for Delio.

sunny

I just got sooo excited seeing your post... bounce bounce cheers I love it!! ill go and check it out tom I'll be in the quezon city area anyway whoohoo thanks again presstech!!
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:00 pm

lomobabies wrote:
presstech wrote:

sunny

I just got sooo excited seeing your post... bounce bounce cheers I love it!! ill go and check it out tom I'll be in the quezon city area anyway whoohoo thanks again presstech!!

okay maybe monday haha i forgot its the weekend
Back to top Go down
writer-wife

writer-wife

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 pm

hi, lomobabies. i am still only planning on getting the machine because it's hard to source papers. minerva lang naman ang kukunin ko. a friend of mine is selling 5 machines kasi nakakakuha na ng helicopter. kung ano yung pinalitan nila, yun naman ang kukunin ko sana. parang nagdududa na ako kung doable itong letterpress kasi paper ang importante rito talaga para maganda ang impression. sabi sa briarpress talagang lettra ang the best, pero ang hirap i-confirm kasi parang napakailap ng lettra dito sa Pinas.

as of now, i am waiting for a call from the brand manager of a local paper company who supplies crane's lettra. ni-refer kasi ako ng crane's sa kanila at umo-order pa ng sample. I have also asked a friend to ship me lettra samples para sakaling hindi ako mapadalhan ng distributor ng crane's dito sa Pinas. She will also send letterpress invite samples from a lettepress company. kailangan ko ng sample para makita ng operator kung kaya sa ibang locally available paper (though isang klase lang ang 100% cotton na available locally, at least isa lang ang nahanap ko). Samples will arrive next month.

polymer plates are at 12/sq inch lang naman so affordable. =)

lomobabies wrote:
writer-wife wrote:

im trying to get the cotton papers from national (hehe) Im also trying to source out the other suppliers overseas:)

writer-wife whats your machine? Where did you get it?
im so desperate to get one i've walked all around recto only for them to tell me that letterpress is dead (grrrr)

as of now Im waiting for the price quote of my first polymer plate... Hopefully i dont need to rob the bank for it hehe.

its up to us to keep this thread alive- Lets! Wink

Back to top Go down
writer-wife

writer-wife

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

meron sa charles morgan na letterpress parati, pero medyo mahal sa kanila. sabi ng kaibigan ko, maganda naman daw ang quality doon kasi talagang ire-recondition nila at may warranty. you may call starpaper tapos itanong mo na lang doon ang number ng charles morgan, same company sila, at same compound. the last time i asked, yung minerva nila ay 65T. mataas ito, pero baka merong modelong mas mababa. may price list silang pinamimigay basta't magpunta ka lang doon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 pm

writer-wife wrote:
meron sa charles morgan na letterpress parati, pero medyo mahal sa kanila. sabi ng kaibigan ko, maganda naman daw ang quality doon kasi talagang ire-recondition nila at may warranty. you may call starpaper tapos itanong mo na lang doon ang number ng charles morgan, same company sila, at same compound. the last time i asked, yung minerva nila ay 65T. mataas ito, pero baka merong modelong mas mababa. may price list silang pinamimigay basta't magpunta ka lang doon. Very Happy

thanks i will... this is so exciting for me:) hehe wish me luck;)
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:44 pm

presstech wrote:

Sir presstech, thanks so much for introducing Marion Flexo. They are so nice in assisting me (especially that i have ZERO knowledge on the things i need need) I appreciate it so much:)
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:03 pm

writer-wife wrote:
hi, lomobabies. i am still only planning on getting the machine because it's hard to source papers. minerva lang naman ang kukunin ko. a friend of mine is selling 5 machines kasi nakakakuha na ng helicopter. kung ano yung pinalitan nila, yun naman ang kukunin ko sana. parang nagdududa na ako kung doable itong letterpress kasi paper ang importante rito talaga para maganda ang impression. sabi sa briarpress talagang lettra ang the best, pero ang hirap i-confirm kasi parang napakailap ng lettra dito sa Pinas.

as of now, i am waiting for a call from the brand manager of a local paper company who supplies crane's lettra. ni-refer kasi ako ng crane's sa kanila at umo-order pa ng sample. I have also asked a friend to ship me lettra samples para sakaling hindi ako mapadalhan ng distributor ng crane's dito sa Pinas. She will also send letterpress invite samples from a lettepress company. kailangan ko ng sample para makita ng operator kung kaya sa ibang locally available paper (though isang klase lang ang 100% cotton na available locally, at least isa lang ang nahanap ko). Samples will arrive next month.

polymer plates are at 12/sq inch lang naman so affordable. =)

[/quote]

wow helicopter 🤤 I just saw that one the other day its so mesmerizing hehe Ill buy mine as soon as we transfer houses in a few months from now whoohoo:)

Any way maybe you can have lettra ship the paper to johnny air cargo's U.S. address then you can pick it up in their office here in Manila. You pay for the weight of the package (better than paying for customs tax most of the time) plus they ship it for about 2 weeks (i think). f.y.i. Im in no way connected to Johnny air they just ship my orders conveniently hehe:)

by the way where do you have your plates made? if you dont mind Smile I want to compare the suppliers kasi eh hehe
Back to top Go down
writer-wife

writer-wife

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:06 am

yeah, johnny air cargo. that is so smart! you are right! i will look into that though I have already talked to the local distributor of crane's paper (though lettra is not something that they carry but can be ordered from them---shipping is quarterly only and you need to order by the bulk).

you have inquired at marian flexo? theirs is priced at P12.50/sq inch, i think.

so you are going to buy letterpress and just print personal stuff? cool. you can give your press a name and register it at briar. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 pm

I'd love to make it a hobby:) its so pretty (I'm a sucker for beautiful paper and amazing prints). I plan to make art stuff out of my designs using letterpress:) I sound like a geek but making crafts relaxes me haha

Yes, I have already tried Marion Flexo, they're conveniently located near rockwell. I actually had my first ever Photopolymer made. Not super success tho, since I forgot to mention I needed something harder hehe so the first one I have is good for a stamp... Which is not bad at all:) a lovely mistake for me. I still have to talk to them if they have a harder one. I do love them they're so helpful in feeding my curiosity:) Something that just pushes me to go into letterpress more.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Lomobabies!

Drool over this baby. It's a hand operated 7x8 letterpress collector's item
Letterpress and letter plates  Manual13
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:24 pm

presstech wrote:
Hi Lomobabies!

Drool over this baby. It's a hand operated 7x8 letterpress collector's item
Letterpress and letter plates  Manual13
haha i got excited over the photo!! for a second there I thought it was for sale... As I was wiping my drool I realized it wasnt haha (note to self read captions first) thats a BEAUTY!... is it yours Presstech?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letterpress and letter plates    Letterpress and letter plates  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letterpress and letter plates
Page 1 of 1