Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cotton paper for letterpress works

Go down 
+3
Gentlewind
hannah
ibler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ibler

Number of posts : 112

cotton paper for letterpress works Empty
PostSubject: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:25 pm

hi!

anybody know where we can get cotton paper (the one used for letterpress printing)?

thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
hannah

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:25 pm

hi! I wonder if you're the same person fromthe briarpress website Very Happy

I'm venturing in letterpress printing also, and I am still sourcing some supplies particularly the photopolymer plates and paper. Available immediately are the watercolor papers in National bookstore, I have yet to go to the art supplies place in quiapo. It's quite textured and thick enough to get a good impression.
Back to top Go down
Gentlewind

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi Hannah and Ibler,

Thanks for the info on cotton paper for letterpress machines. Just want to inquire if you know any organization that teaches and trains people on letterpress machine operation. We would also like to venture in letterpress here in Baguio and would like to gather more info before taking the plunge as they say. Any advise will be much appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!
Back to top Go down
hannah

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:52 pm

i dug up my files and here's what i was able to source out:

star paper has the arches watercolor paper: available at 300 gsm for 240 each

there's a 640 g version and it's 400 each

the cheaper paper that i got is saunders 300 gsm din, it's ok i feel it can
give a good impression naman it's 113.25. this is the one from national bookstore. it's also available in enriquez art supply.

the best i have is the crane lettra, all i have are samples because they sent some to me via dhl. although i ordered na din kasi when i compared the papers altogether, standout ang crane lettra. btw. i haven't tested on the papers i have on hand, it's just a visual comparison from the letterpress invites and notecards that i collected. i want to source more paper and most specially the plates.

try to email lettra, they will give you samples for free!

hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Gentlewind

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:52 am

Hi Hannah,

Thank you very much for all these very helpful information. I will take note of them and do the testing as soon as we purchase our letterpress. Will also share possible suppliers in case we're able to contact some.

More power to you and your business and God Bless!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:25 am

hi guys!

i'm sorry for the long silence. i've been trying to look for suppliers for paper for a long time. thanks for the info hannah.

btw, i have a few manuals i downloaded from boxcar. they're manuals for a c&p and a heidelberg letterpress manual. just pm me so i can send you a link.

i'll look for that lettra supplier. i don't have their number. i tried asking for samples from prestige but they don't have the cotton paper or any similar paper.

i hope we can make this letterpress craft make a comeback. it's very artistic and sensual.
Back to top Go down
ytet

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi Hannah,

Ask ko lang how much ang bili mo sa letterpress machine mo?, imprintable size, and where did you buy it? Brand new or 2nd hand? Sensya na madaming tanung. I'm also interested. Hope to hear from you. Thanks
Back to top Go down
wilson_printingplates

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Plates for you   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Hanna & Ibler,

Should you need photopolymer plates for your Letterpres Printing requirements, please dont hesitate to contact us at these number: a(02) 892-1326 to 35/ email: wzvelena@twtci.com We are the exclusive distributor of Torelief Letterpress Plates here in the Philippines. We can recomend what type of plates will best fit your requirements.

Reagrds,

Wilson
Back to top Go down
http://www.twtci.com
ibler

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks sir wilson!

will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
wilson_printingplates

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Ibler,

Ok thanks Smile If you questions regarding photopolymer plates, email nyo ko (kung pano malalaman kung over exposed or under exposed). Saka may bago ngayon ako ditong series (analog letterpress) Halftones @ 200L(1% to 95%) and CTP Letterpress.

Regards,

Wilson
Back to top Go down
ytet

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi wilson,

ask ko lang po where are you located?

ytet
Back to top Go down
wilson_printingplates

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi Ytet: I'm located here in Makati (Amorsolo St.)
Back to top Go down
writer-wife

writer-wife

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: news?   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 am

Any update on this topic? Please update, Sir Ibler, Ma'am Hannah. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lomobabies

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:42 am

ytet wrote:
Hi Hannah,

Ask ko lang how much ang bili mo sa letterpress machine mo?, imprintable size, and where did you buy it? Brand new or 2nd hand? Sensya na madaming tanung. I'm also interested. Hope to hear from you. Thanks

any updates on this? thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cotton paper for letterpress works   cotton paper for letterpress works Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cotton paper for letterpress works
Page 1 of 1