Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gentlewind

Number of posts : 9

Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation Empty
PostSubject: Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation   Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:25 am

Hi,

newbie here. Our family is considering buying a letterpress to make wedding invitations. Any advise on the pros and cons of buying a secondhand letterpress? Do we have any institutions here in Philippine where they teach and train people on letterpress machine operation?

Any feedback on this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!
Back to top Go down
hannah

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation   Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:39 pm

hi! like you i'm a newbie in letterpress.

I think another resource would be the web forums that focuses mainly on letterpresslike briarpress . they have a page there where you can download the old manuals of certain press models.

old school style i think, it's best if you contact or look for letterpress operators so they can teach you how to use it. i found one through my seller... as in may baon syang operator when he delivered it to me...

good luck on your venture.
Back to top Go down
Gentlewind

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation   Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:03 am

Hi Hannah,

A million thanks for the tip on the availability of manuals at briarpress website. As per your advise, we will ask a potential machine supplier if they can package some training if we get their letterpress. As of now, we are still having second thoughts fearing that these kind of machine would require high maintenance. I guess we'll just have to do more research Very Happy

May the good Lord bless your business a thousand fold Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wilson_printingplates

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation   Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:45 am

Hi Gentle wind and Hanna,

I can help you regarding proper Letterpress plate making/ processing (photopolymer).

Wilson (0917-8827864)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twtci.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation   Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquiry for training on Letterpress machine operation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Printing in General :: Suppliers Section-
Jump to: