Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cost of Paper ratio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

Cost of Paper ratio Empty
PostSubject: Cost of Paper ratio   Cost of Paper ratio Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:51 am

On the average what is the ratio of your cost of paper over your sales? Is 30%-40% reasonable? What about the other supplies such as ink, chemicals etc? How much percentage do you add on top of your price to recover the cost of your supplies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
Archer

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Paper ratio   Cost of Paper ratio Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:54 pm

While there is an average percentage, it is dangerous to rely on that ratio, what if in a particular situation the cost of paper is 90 percent of the selling price?
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Paper ratio   Cost of Paper ratio Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:49 pm

I got your point Archer but what I was trying to say is if you are going to sum up your sales for the year and your cost of materials, is 30-40% (cost of materials) good enough to become profitable? I am not talking about pricing; I am talking about profitability analysis.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Paper ratio   Cost of Paper ratio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 am

OT

I'm sorry this is a semi-off topic. I think most of these figures vary on how each particular printer address their efficiency and productivity of their processes. There is no standard range for it.

But the fact of the matter is that there are industry ratios availble from DTI. Industry ratios will give you an idea as to the liquidity, profitability, debt ratios etc of players in a certain industry. These ratios will give you an ideas as to how the the industry operates and for sure you can also determine specific ratios that you need (i.e. the ratio of raw materials to products being sold... etc) If you have these figures, then you can compare them with your figures and see how your company is doing in relation to other players.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cost of Paper ratio   Cost of Paper ratio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cost of Paper ratio
Page 1 of 1