Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Program for making instant quotation?

Go down 
+21
joven nicolas
f2sangreo
Galahad
Armand
msprinter
ytet
hannah
mjoyleal
ton2sev
jedmaster
charoth
famous archer
GOR
miyags
Copix One
Sandman
ibler
presstech
U2T3E2
blanketman
leo_arvada
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leo_arvada

leo_arvada

Number of posts : 29

Program for making instant quotation? Empty
PostSubject: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:20 pm

Good day po. Just wondering if anybody had a small computer program for making a quotation instantly. Say in MS Access, independent program etc. para madali ang pagko-quote sa mga clients. Sa preference, kailangan lang ipasok ang price ng paper, running, lamination, binding etc. at lalabas na agad ang price per piece. Hope to share this info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eyp.ph/complete.jsp?v_listtype=3&v_criteria=D&
blanketman

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
U2T3E2

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 1:52 am

leo_arvada wrote:
Good day po. Just wondering if anybody had a small computer program for making a quotation instantly. Say in MS Access, independent program etc. para madali ang pagko-quote sa mga clients. Sa preference, kailangan lang ipasok ang price ng paper, running, lamination, binding etc. at lalabas na agad ang price per piece. Hope to share this info.

+1
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:49 pm

I have been using a cost estimating program since 1989. I originally programmed it in Rapid File, a simplified version of Dbase. I later converted it to MS Access, but I lost the file years ago. I later reprogrammed it using Filemaker Pro.

With the program, you just have to input the data and the program computes the price based on the markups, which are inputed in different areas of the the estimate such as prepress, stock, Print production and commission. The program also automatically computes the job signatures. There are also a lot of editable drop downs so that typing of data such as type of stock, sizes and even suppliers are minimized.

Since the program is a database, all estimates are filed for future reference. It is also linked to a client database.

Since I am no longer involved in print production business, I am willing to share this program. You will need to invest in a Filemaker software to run it.
Back to top Go down
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:09 pm

I knew somebody did this already.

Most of my computations are done on an excel file that I made. There are still plenty of bugs and will need a lot of input from the user. I ave yet to upgrade this to filemaker and convert everything into a database file.

Actually my next step is converting it to filemaker and making it super user friendly. All i need is time to learn fm and actually do it! heheheh Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 3:07 am

Hi presstech. That's a powerful program you got there. I was thinking maybe you could offer a 2- or 3-day training course on Print Cost Estimating in the Real World.

I'm imagining that at the end of the session, the participants will get your program. Once they buy your program, of course this is password protected. Wachatink?

I attended a cost estimation course in PPTF way back. Unfortunately, I find it too general...masyadong ma-theory....and everything is so manual. Additionally, outdated na ang itinuturo nila.

Imagine lang natin:

Day 1: Overview of Cost Estimating and your program.
Day 2: Participants are given simple jobs to quote, and will use the program immediately
Day 3: Complex jobs are estimated using your program

With your experience in the industry, I'm sure we'll learn A LOT from you most especially sa mga potential pitfalls, and DOs and DON'Ts regarding job estimation. Thus, we will get more than we have actually paid for.

Kumbaga, you sell your program with VAT included (Value Added Training).

What do you think?

Larry
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Where do we sign sign up for this? heheh pwede dito sa cebu?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Seriously, if there was one...I would sign up.
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:05 pm

ot:

i wish there's a way of brining the seminars to this part of the country. most of the seminars we attend are supplier sponsored. And even then, the seminars are few and far between.

I have seen schedules for short courses in Manila but personally, it's not feasible for small printshop owners to attend these week long courses.

Sayang ang mga opportunities.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Larry!

Unfortunately, you are right about the PPTF seminar on Cost Estimating. I really hope that they upgrade it to conform to the current digital environment.

With regards to my program, I have never had any intention of selling it. I just give a copy to any interested and trusted party as long as they promise not to commercialize it. The program is not locked; so the user can modify to conform to his preferences if he is familiar with data base softwares. It is actually a continuous work-in-progress. Below is a screen shot of one of the modules.

Program for making instant quotation? 2273197158_198ea0bfc4

I designed it to be as easy to use as possible. As you will notice in the upper right conner, it also has links to a client directory and a job order form generator.

Thanks for your support. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:11 am

Hi Ibler!

I agree with you. One of the major problems faced by our printing industry is the lack of available training programs. I remember the good old days in the 70's when PPTF had a group of Dutch volunteers who provided technical training on a regular basis. The training covered relevant subjects like offset pressmanship, repro photography, platemaking, pressroom chemistry, etc..

Nowadays, there are no effective training programs on the development of the skills required to operate a press shop successfully. Because of this, small and medium size printing companies have difficulty upgrading their operations. This is specially evident among provincial printers.

Mad
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 pm

There is an NGO though that sponsors technical resource persons from Netherlands to help industry players here in Cebu. I have heard of a printshop availing of this service. I'm pretty sure that the printshop improved its processes.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Hi ibler. I don't know if INGRIN (Int'l. Graphic students in the Netherlands?) is still active in the P.I. Last I heard, Au Kitane is heading that group. The idea is you, or any of your staff will go to INGRIN for schooling. This is in The Netherlands. With pay, of course. Sometimes, the INGRIN faculty visit the P.I. and conduct free training for their former students and to their respective organizations they're associated with.

I had 2 days with them when I was still in World Press (a subsidary of BusinessWorld) since my boss, Carlos Gaston, studied in INGRIN. They taught us the benefits of a PDF workflow back in '98.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi presstech. Do you also have a program to calculate the cost center for each workstation? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi sir larry!

It's not INGRIN. But they get resource persons from The Netherlands. The NGO will pair the company with one of their experts. These experts will stay with you for a certain duration. But the sponsor will have to shoulder living expenses for the consultant's stay. The plane fare will be paid for by the NGO.
Back to top Go down
Copix One

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:26 am

SIR:

we are newbie in this business. Are you still sharing your program for free? This is what we need so that costing can be monitored. We are 3 partners. All of us are at the same time working here in bacolod. Our printing press is a small one. We print more on receipts and simple souvenier programs. Hope you could help us. 09282178788. copix_one@yahoo.com.ph

presstech wrote:
Hi Larry!

Unfortunately, you are right about the PPTF seminar on Cost Estimating. I really hope that they upgrade it to conform to the current digital environment.

With regards to my program, I have never had any intention of selling it. I just give a copy to any interested and trusted party as long as they promise not to commercialize it. The program is not locked; so the user can modify to conform to his preferences if he is familiar with data base softwares. It is actually a continuous work-in-progress. Below is a screen shot of one of the modules.

Program for making instant quotation? 2273197158_198ea0bfc4

I designed it to be as easy to use as possible. As you will notice in the upper right conner, it also has links to a client directory and a job order form generator.

Thanks for your support. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Copix One. Libre pa rin yata itong SW....I think. But we are trying to persuade presstech to include training....with pay.

BTW, Saan ang press mo sa Bacolod? I'm from Brgy. Tangub. Sa April 7 pa ang uwi ko.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Copix One wrote:
SIR:

we are newbie in this business. Are you still sharing your program for free? This is what we need so that costing can be monitored. We are 3 partners. All of us are at the same time working here in bacolod. Our printing press is a small one. We print more on receipts and simple souvenier programs. Hope you could help us. 09282178788. copix_one@yahoo.com.ph

If you are visiting in Manila, we can meet so I can give you a copy and demo of the program. It's still free!

My contact numbers and address are at my website: www.bwcomm.net. Let's have some coffee at my place.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:53 pm

larrysison wrote:
Hi Copix One. Libre pa rin yata itong SW....I think. But we are trying to persuade presstech to include training....with pay.

BTW, Saan ang press mo sa Bacolod? I'm from Brgy. Tangub. Sa April 7 pa ang uwi ko.

Larry, will you also be visiting in Manila? Mag EB tayo.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

Sure na sure....where can we meet?

Will be in Bacolod April 7 til May 9....I think. Then I will be staying in Marikina until the 16th.
Back to top Go down
miyags

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Hi. Software Copy   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi guys,
I am also interested.. with presstech copy. I would like to have one copy too.
Back to top Go down
GOR

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 am

[/quote]

If you are visiting in Manila, we can meet so I can give you a copy and demo of the program. It's still free!

My contact numbers and address are at my website: www.bwcomm.net. Let's have some coffee at my place.[/quote]

Hello Sir presstech! Available pa po ba ang copy ng program? Interested kasi ako to start a small printing business. Your program may help a lot in my evaluation.

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am

The program is available anytime. Just contact me. Very Happy

I also have a program for making imposition guides. It uses Xcel. With this program, there's no need to make a page dummy. See the new thread.
Back to top Go down
GOR

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:27 pm

presstech wrote:

I also have a program for making imposition guides. It uses Xcel. With this program, there's no need to make a page dummy. See the new thread.

Thank you Sir. I'll get in touch with you whenever I can swing by your place. Smile
Back to top Go down
GOR

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:59 pm

presstech wrote:

How big are the programs Sir presstech? Kasya kaya both programs sa 1gig usb memory stick?

Smile
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:24 pm

GOR wrote:

How big are the programs Sir presstech? Kasya kaya both programs sa 1gig usb memory stick? Smile

No problem with your 1 gb usb. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Good afternoon presstech I'm very much interested and I'd like to ask a copy of your datafile on how to make instant quotation. I hope that you will not regret me.

Thank you very much. May the Lord God bless you... and more power...

Sincerely,

Elmer Colarat
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Good afternoon presstech I'm very much interested and I'd like to ask a copy of your datafile on how to make instant quotation. I hope that you will not regret me.

Thank you very much. May the Lord God bless you... and more power...

Sincerely,

Elmer Colarat

Hi Elmer!

You can drop by anytime to get a copy of the program.
Click on the following link to get my contact infor. http://www.philprinting.com/about_us.htm

sunny
Back to top Go down
famous archer

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Is the copy of the said file is for free or I have to pay for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.iprint.ph
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:14 pm

famous archer wrote:
Is the copy of the said file is for free or I have to pay for it?

No charge!
Back to top Go down
famous archer

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Good afternoon tomorrow May 23, 2008 I will pick up the copy of the CD for making the Instant Quotation. Thank you very much Sir. God bless you always. I look forward for your more success...
Back to top Go down
famous archer

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Thank you very much presstech... God bless you... more power...
Back to top Go down
charoth

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Mr. PResstech,

Is it possible for me to have also a copy of that program? Very Happy I just resigned from this big printing co and I am in the process of setting up my own printing co. I've worked there for 7 years because I really love the industry. It is really my passion. Money is not an issue until ang daming nagbago. Yung mga commission na dapat e para sa amin e hinahanapan ng butas para hindi maibigay. I onced gave them a 12 M month of December sales (totoo promise!!!). Ang ini expect ko atleast mga 300 thousand based dun sa napag usapan na ratings, ang ibinigay lang ay 99 thousand. No kidding. Tapos inaalisan pa ng tax na umaabot ng 30 percent. Grabe!!!

Anyway back to the topic, I don't know how to do cost estimates kasi di naman talaga kami tuturuan dun......

I am just following a beloved dream............

Thanks,
Charoth Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:55 pm

hi charoth, welcome to our forum!

sir presstech, will it be possible to feature your cost estimate program in our next EB?

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi larry,

we can have another eb when you arrive this December. Too bad, we ran out of time during the last eb for the discussion on the cost estimate program.

Hi Charoth,

welcome to the group. I am sure that the members will be glad to assist you in your new endeavor. Printing is a difficult business; and it's good that you are trying to gather as much information as possible, specially on the technical aspects.

I will be out of the country next week for CtP training. You can contact me after July 7 for the program. For my contact numbers and address just log on to www.philprinting.com and go to "About Us".

Regards!
Back to top Go down
jedmaster

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 pm

this program is really interesting and sure will be a great help!

too bad the site is not updated..
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 12:36 pm

If you need a copy, send me a PM. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ton2sev

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi Sir,

Hope its not too late to also ask a copy of your software. I'm Tonton Sevilla and we have our press here in Pasay. It's my first time to ever post here and I'm really glad that there is such a forum for us printers. I'm enjoying reading and learning so many stuff. Hope I could also attend one of your EB.

More power to this site and God bless.

Tonton Sevilla
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Tonton!

Welcome to the group.

Send me an email at philprinting@gmail.com and I will send you the program. You will need Filemaker Pro to run it.
Back to top Go down
mjoyleal

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:27 am

Good morning! Sir Presstech, is your database for job quotation still free po? We have a printing press din po kc sa Pasay City (a small press lang po) and manual pa rin po ang paggawa ng job quotation sa amin.. Actually, lumaki po ako na printing ang business ng family ko pero di po ako nakikialam.. house and school lng po.. and now, it has come to my senses that I need to know the business na po so I can help my parents and take over the responsibilty someday... That's why I was very thankful when I found this Forum.. ang galing.. may forum pla for printers!

Hope I can also get a copy of the database po sir para makatulong din ako sa printing namin.. Hoping for your kind consideration. Thank you po! and More power! God bless! Smile
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi mjoyleal!

No problem. Send me an email. sunny
Back to top Go down
mjoyleal

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:58 pm

flower Good afternoon Sir PressTech! yehey! Thank you very much! God bless po.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hannah

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:39 pm

good day presstech!

I would also like to request for a copy of your program... I have also sent you request through your email.

I am a newbie in the printing business and I find this forum very helpful and informative.

more power to this site!
Back to top Go down
ytet

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Mr Presstech,

Mag request din po ako ng copy ng program. Thank you po.
Back to top Go down
msprinter

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi sir, may I also get a copy of the instant quotation program? I'm trying to get standardize my quotations. Thank you and God bless.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:14 am

msprinter wrote:
Hi sir, may I also get a copy of the instant quotation program? I'm trying to get standardize my quotations. Thank you and God bless.

Hi msprinter!

Send me an email at philprinting@gmail.com.

Regards
Back to top Go down
msprinter

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks, sir. =)
Back to top Go down
Armand

Armand

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 am

presstech wrote:
I have been using a cost estimating program since 1989. I originally programmed it in Rapid File, a simplified version of Dbase. I later converted it to MS Access, but I lost the file years ago. I later reprogrammed it using Filemaker Pro.

With the program, you just have to input the data and the program computes the price based on the markups, which are inputed in different areas of the the estimate such as prepress, stock, Print production and commission. The program also automatically computes the job signatures. There are also a lot of editable drop downs so that typing of data such as type of stock, sizes and even suppliers are minimized.

Since the program is a database, all estimates are filed for future reference. It is also linked to a client database.

Since I am no longer involved in print production business, I am willing to share this program. You will need to invest in a Filemaker software to run it.

It feels good to learn that somebody else used FilemakerPro for cost estimating. I've been using FilemakerPro since 1988 when I was still with RSC-US Embassy. All our Inventories, Cost Estimates, Job Jockets, Printng Records and Production Status Reports are all connected in just one Filemaker database. Now with my present employer for 13 years, I created FilemakerPro database in managing the whole production. My production schedules are automatically generated by just one click once all informations are entered. I'm now using FilemakerPro 10.0 for my 7 supervisors that costs around 20k+ per user. (p140k+ medyo costly lang and licensed software).
Back to top Go down
Galahad

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:30 pm

presstech wrote:

Sir, request din ako ng copy. thanks
Back to top Go down
f2sangreo

f2sangreo

Number of posts : 20
Location : 79 Molave St., corner Kamagong St., Duyan-Duyan, Proj. 3, QC.

PostSubject: Cost estimation copy   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Sir Presstech,

I'm having hard time cost estimating jobs, lalo na kung medyo busy na si boss jojo, medyo nahihiya na ako minsan magpa quote sa kanya. Kaya natuwa ako nang makita ko to. Salamat po for sharing your knowledge. Hingi rin po ako copy. here's my email: print.avenue@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
http://francosangreo.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Program for making instant quotation?   Program for making instant quotation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Program for making instant quotation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next