Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
czetsuya

Number of posts : 4

Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation Empty
PostSubject: Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation   Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi,

We've just ventured into wedding invitation making business and we are looking into expansion. Currently we have digital and laser printers (middle-end) for middle-price wedding invitation and are also doing emboss invitations but manually. We want to add more types of invitation and speed up our process, so if I may ask the following questions:

1.) We're doing emboss manually. Can it be done automatically? I mean I've seen a machine that pours powder and has heat bulb like the oven that do the embossing. Is this machine or the whole automatic embossing set available locally?

2.) What are your thoughts with letterpress? I like letterpress, but I'm having second thoughts because of the limitation of colors (I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand). Where could I buy the paper materials for it? I read it uses a silk-like paper right?

3.) What machines can you recommend for printing? I have several L800 and several laser brother printers and now I'm looking beyond it. Is the ColorCube 8570/8870 a good fit for wedding invitation making?

4.) Any other advise is welcome :-)

Thanks,
czetsuya
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation   Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi czetsuya!
Sorry for the late reply.

If you are looking for a machine to automate your thermo embossing, I suggest that you go for Therm-O-Type. This is the leading brand in this area. Unfortunately, I do not know of any current dealer here. Try to get their hand-fed model with powder hopper so that maintenance will not be a problem. You can check their site here at http://www.thermotype.com/Handfedthermo.html . You can probably import directly from them. Just look for a good forwarder to handle it.

I called my friend Tino Reyes of QP Prints. He uses Therm-O-Type machines together with Heidel KOR offset presses for invitations.

If you are going to use letterpress, you can get a used hand-fed machine for about 20-30K. Specialty papers for offset can be used in letterpress printing. Take note that you might have to order your letterpress plates from Manila.

Back to top Go down
czetsuya

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation   Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:25 am

Hi Presstech,

Thank you very much for the informative reply, I was not aware of the therm-o-type. As much as possible I'll try to look for a local dealer since I know importing that machine is very expensive in the Phils :-)

Regarding the letterpress, does it have any specific model? Because the one I've asked they said was only for numbering, it's a Minerva model. This one: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/4964911/Minerva+Letterpress?referralKeywords=letterpress&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-3,3. Do you have an idea where is the best place to look for it?

Thanks,
czetsuya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation   Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advise on what printer to buy for wedding invitation
Page 1 of 1