Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

starting my own...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
U2T3E2

Number of posts : 6

starting my own... Empty
PostSubject: starting my own...   starting my own... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:10 am

Good day to everyone,

I have been in the largef-format industry for 3 years now. and since then I had my jobs sub-contracted to print shops who have their own machines,

The problem starts when I loose some clients because of poor delivery/service by my suppliers also my prices are not competitive anymore since my suppliers dictate the costs and i can only get get a percentage

At this point I want to have my own printer/machine, So i can make better of what I am doing, flexible in terms of deliveries and costs, serving my clients right Smile

what do you think will be the best machine to start-up with only Php100K in my savings? I cannot decide whether to push through with large-format printing(by buying an indoor-printer) or going into plastic printing... I am looking for the more flexible side

I found a 36in HP designjet 7xx series(refurbished) on the net sold by A-tec, it was only priced at US$900++(is this a good buy???), I am skeptical about it but its the only one I could afford, though I am still searching for a plastic printer( for labels and bags) in the same price range... I am also looking into screen printing.

Bottom line whatever works with the budget.

Do any dealers here give out terms of payment even on pre-owned printers for starters like me?

I am looking forward to your patience because of my long and newbie questions. I hope somebody could provide me with some enlightment

More power!

Thank You in advance
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

starting my own... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting my own...   starting my own... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 3:58 pm

Try to check the price of consumables like inks and prinheads warranty and mileage. The more prints you can make the better chances of getting more jobs by having a competitive price.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

starting my own... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting my own...   starting my own... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Screen printing does not require a big start up cost. I know some printers who are very successful in this business. As a matter of fact, two past PPTF presidents are in this business, big time. They are Tom Viray and George Lora.

To get more info on this business, please contact SIGAP (Screen Printing and Imaging Fraphics Assn'n of the Phil.). The contact info is posted at the Philippine Printing-Online website (www.philprinting.com).

Good Luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
U2T3E2

Number of posts : 6

starting my own... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting my own...   starting my own... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 pm

thank you sirs for the advice.

Anyway I have checked with the seller via email re the printer and I have decided no to get it since I mihgt have problems with it before I even start...

Sirs, I am looking into joining organizations like mr. presstech mentioned w/c is SIGAP. I have seen the website. If ever I will be inclined to plastic printing like for labels, packaging, bags and etc. which organization should I inquire with?

@presstech - I have asked around and starting with screen printing is not that high and very flexible...

I am thankful to you sirs for being patient with newbies like me... I hope you would no tget tired of answering my questions.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

starting my own... Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting my own...   starting my own... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starting my own...
Page 1 of 1