Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting a Small Printing Press

Go down 
+2
leo_arvada
terratech
6 posters
AuthorMessage
terratech

Number of posts : 5

Starting a Small Printing Press Empty
PostSubject: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi Guys! I am currently employed in a small company and I am thinking of striking out on my own in offset printing. I can only scrounge about P300th to start with, including the working capital. What minimum equipment can you suggest must I own?
Back to top Go down
leo_arvada

leo_arvada

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:13 am

Usually, anong sizes ang magiging mga projects mo? Then, I can recommend you what machine you preferr to buy. First, kailangan mo ng isang offset-1 color at isang cutter base on your budget. I suggest Heidelberg Kord 64 or 62 or Solna 125 and Automatic cutter 32"-. I know, it's over your budget pero makakabili ka ng mura kung makakapaghintay ka. Mag-abang-abang ka lang at hanap palagi sa mga ads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eyp.ph/complete.jsp?v_listtype=3&v_criteria=D&
leo_arvada

leo_arvada

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 am

Usually, anong sizes ang magiging mga projects mo? Then, I can recommend you what machine you preferr to buy. First, kailangan mo ng isang offset-1 color at isang cutter base on your budget. I suggest Heidelberg Kord 64 or 62 or Solna 125 and Automatic cutter 32"-. I know, it's over your budget pero makakabili ka ng mura kung makakapaghintay ka. Mag-abang-abang ka lang at hanap palagi sa mga ads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eyp.ph/complete.jsp?v_listtype=3&v_criteria=D&
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 2:11 pm

300th is too small to put up a print production. In addition to the printing equipment, you will need funds for operating capital. scratch

I suggest that you set up an operation for computer design and page setup. You can, initially, sub-contract the film output and printing. This way you can develop your market before investing in expensive printing equipment. bounce
Back to top Go down
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:13 pm

300T might be too small to start an offset printing business but it is definitely enough to start your own desktop publishing. This is the easiest course to take. And as what presstech mentioned, it would be wiser to develop your market first. Also, by sub contracting your projects, you will know the ins and out of the offset printing industry.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
terratech

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to bootstrap the operation with minimum investment and any income will be cycled back in to operation. I don't intend to leave my job just yet because I will be putting in some money from my current salary into the business, specially now that Xmas is almost here (for the bonus Cool )

Actually, last week I already bought a Multilith Offset 1850 with platemaker for a measly P70th from a retiring couple. I am now preparing the garage for the machine. Also, I'm now saving enough money to buy a manual cutter.

I know the multilith is not the best machine but I think it is easy enough to operate and that will wet my feet into the business.
Back to top Go down
Archer

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:57 pm

Goodluck on your new venture, with determination nothing is impossible! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:31 pm

good luck on your new venture. find your niche early on so that you know where to focus.
Back to top Go down
jedmaster

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 am

hello!

any updates from the treadstarter?

Good day!

Jed V.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Small Printing Press   Starting a Small Printing Press Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting a Small Printing Press
Page 1 of 1