Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing Empty
PostSubject: Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing   Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Hello Everyone,
Since we have been talking about Colormanagement System and Proofing.
Can anybody share their experience about their system (inkjet printer and software like EFI,GMG,Eagleproof,Colorgate,Kodak Matchprint, harlequin star proof. As we all know, there are a lot of ISO certification using a color management software RIP and a printer. Which one is yours.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing   Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:22 pm

For the clients we print our proofs direct from PShop or Acrobat to our OKI laser printer without using any RIP. We print using Absolute Colorimetric rendering intent. The OKI is profiled every month using our ProfileMaker and EyeOne Pro. Better if we have an EFI verification software but I don't think we're getting one soon.

Hard copy proofs for our press operators are not being used in our press anymore. Next month we will install LCD screens on all press consoles. Their screen preview changes as per the Output Intent specified in the file. The monitors will be calibrated and profiled regularly.
Back to top Go down
Gentlewind

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing   Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi Sir Larry,

You mentioned about your OKI laser printer, I'd like to ask if you know the distributor or supplier of OKI laser printers here in the Philippines. I've read good reviews about and we're interested to purchase an entry level laser printer.

Any feedback from your end will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless,

Gentlewind
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing   Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 am

Hi Gentlewind. I browsed OKI's website but did not find any posting of their partner in the P.I. Maybe you could contact them directly. Their website is www.oki.com

Just a comment on the OKI, not all their proofers have a wide gamut. Some could accommodate all the colors of ISO 12647-2. I have friends in Germany who are very happy with their OKI since it gives them vibrant colors. The cheaper model that we're using, in fairness, does a very good job for our web coldset press press but sadly doesn't have the gamut to simulate all the colors intended for sheetfed printing.

So when you get to talk to their tech guys you might want to ask these questions first, and most especially the media that they would recommend.

My humble thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing   Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Printer & Color management software for Press Proofing
Page 1 of 1