Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proofing Software.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

Proofing Software. Empty
PostSubject: Proofing Software.   Proofing Software. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 am

I have handled, Kodak Proof pro, EFI bestcolor, poster jet and tried Colorgate and CGS and Wassatch. Now I am Using Starproof. Of course all of them are good.

The approach of star proof is little bit different from the other 5 softwares. The software see to it that the halftone is close to perfect before anything to avoid misfeeding.

If you want to simulate your Press, you have all the necessarry controls automated or manually. The good thing about manual, it would give you the hand to control the linearization and simulate pantone.

I have tried the reflex blue and rhodamine red and a pantone chocolate brown. all three (3 patches has a delta E of 1.3) but visually ( D50 light). does not match. we were able to match. but the DE became bigger.

I tried both press simulation and ISO Coated, press simulation is more work, ISO profiles is much easier and fully automated.

The software is for MAC only, no windows,NO CRACK Version.

Back to top Go down

Proofing Software.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Color Management-
Jump to: