Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Polijet Plates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimson

jimson

Number of posts : 15

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi guys!

Anyone familiar w/ the Polijet System?

Meron po kasi akong kaibigan na printer. Positive plates po ang gamit nila. Due to the tight economic conditon sa province nila, they are planning to shift to polyester plates.

Pina-try ko po sa kanila yung polijet plates supplied by GAKKEN Phils., pero ang mga gamit pala nilang makina ay HARRIS 125 na ginagamitan din ng alcohol replacement. Walang molleton kaya di maganda ang imprenta pag polijet.

Kung spot color printing lang kasi, gusto na nila yung polijet plates since meron silang 2 units ng EPSON 9800. Ano kaya pwede adjustments para magamit yung polijet plates sa harris nila?

Anyone who could HELP Question Question Question

Please pleeeaassssse...... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi jimson.

There's only a handful information on Polijet. From what I read the Epson printer used to expose the Polijet are already modified "to make the system work".

Meaning if we use a standard Epson printer to image Polijet plates.....it MAY or MAY NOT give us the results we're expecting. It is said that the RIP and printer that we intended to use should be tailored fit for this new technology.

Last edited by larrysison on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimson

jimson

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 am

thank you sir larry!

pinadala na po yung sample prints mismo sa Technova (India) to address this concern. sana nga magawan paraan. Smile

share ko lang po info about polijet ----> www.technovaworld.com
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Yup...it's Technova. I have a Jordanian friend who attended Technova's seminar in Bahrain and I learned that it was a hit since there were many attendees. However, the downside of this Polijet is it's only good for short runs: 2,000 impressions (unbaked) and if baked around 10,000 impressions only. That's what I was told.

Last edited by larrysison on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
APC

APC

Number of posts : 31

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi All,

I might want to add something to this topic, but I have no idea what the posts are about since I do not speak Tagalog (except for some words) Embarassed . When it would be possible please give me some update in English

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 5:46 pm

DONE!
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 5:48 pm

Jimson says:

I have a friend who uses positive plates and wants to shift to polyester plates. He tried the Polijet suppled by Gakken; but could not get good prints from the plates because used is is a Harris 125, which uses alcohol dampening.

My friend also has 2 Epson 9800. Can he use them to image the polijet plates?
Back to top Go down
APC

APC

Number of posts : 31

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 8:15 pm

The use of polyester plates in general is only advisable for jobs which do not require high quality. They were (are) often used for printing books (just black and white text books) in shorter runs. It would not be advisable to use polyester plates for full colour jobs.
One other thing you have to take into acoount is that you probably need a different additive suitable for polyseter plates. I read in one of the posts that a alcohol replacement is used. Some alcohol replacements are more agreesive than alcohol and might damage the plate. Working with a alcohol replacement requires some extra adjustments anyway. It will be very important to check roller quality (especially the Shore hardness) and roller settings. When you print without alcohol, the viscosity of water will change compared to printing with alcohol, which results in a total different transport and behaviour of the water on your press. Since you work with a Harris 125 (which is a very old machine if I recall correctly) it might be a problematic choice you have made.
Back to top Go down
jimson

jimson

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:04 am

At present, my friend uses the Posijet System, which is a computer-to-film solution. His Epson 9800 Printer images the posijet films, which will then be used on positive plates. Their average consumption for plates is 100 sheets/week. They have 10 units of Harris 125 which do not use molleton, also working w/ alcohol replacement and a different dampening system.

I think, the reason why they would want to use the Polijet plates, especially during short run and spot-color jobs, is to make the production faster and reduce some operational costs.

Anyway, Gakken Phils. has already brought this concern to Technova-India. The R&D Engineers are on a challenge. This problem - polijet plates on harris 125 - could still have a possible solution. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Polijet Plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polijet Plates   Polijet Plates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polijet Plates
Page 1 of 1