Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Putting the pieces together -- help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GOR

Number of posts : 31

Putting the pieces together -- help! Empty
PostSubject: Putting the pieces together -- help!   Putting the pieces together -- help! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:15 am

Ok. I've been away from the printing industry for a long time. Got 2 years experience with offset printing. Now I want to set up a small print shop. Projects will be brochures, flyers, yearbooks and other small stuff.

Before there's the typesetters, strippers, artist, color sep, plate making then to the press and out to the binders.

I want to be able to skip/shorten the looong pre-press process. Computer to plate and straight to press and out to the binders? Is this correct? My info/knowledge may not be complete and out of date. Gents, please help.

What machines do I need to be able to deliver the prints in the shortest possible time? I sometimes hate it when the local print shop tells me it will take at least a week to finish the "brochures." NO offense meant to the "printmasters" but to many clients, the waiting time is a big turn-off. Twisted Evil

What technology do we have these days to make things faster? Oh yes -- digital offset comes to mind if I want to avoid the plate also but that is another story. Good for short runs but probably it's still costly. Rolling Eyes

It's good to know the available process regardless of cost. After knowing what's available, let's consider the alternatives with "budget" in mind. Ahemmm .... I do not have an open checkbook for this project. lol!

Thanks in advance! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Putting the pieces together -- help!   Putting the pieces together -- help! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 6:38 am

Hi GOR.

Nice to have an EAE ink presetting & QI automatic register system.

My thoughts.

Larry
Back to top Go down
GOR

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Putting the pieces together -- help!   Putting the pieces together -- help! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Hmnnn. I don't even know those thingies Rolling Eyes I'm really out of date. I maybe wrong but I don't think we have those during my RSC days.

I'll research them in the net. Thanks Sir Larry! Keep the infos coming Very Happy

larrysison wrote:
Hi GOR.

Nice to have an EAE ink presetting & QI automatic register system.

My thoughts.

Larry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting the pieces together -- help!   Putting the pieces together -- help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting the pieces together -- help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Printing in General :: Printing in General-
Jump to: