Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indesign Questions

Go down 
+2
presstech
Archer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer

Number of posts : 58

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 10:42 pm

Is there an Indesign expert here?
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm

If you are using Pagemaker and Illustrator, you should have no problem with Indesign. Indesign is easier to use than Pagemaker and has a lot of similarities with the interface of Illustrator. I suggest that you invest in a good book on Indesign, preferably one for intermediate users.

It's good to shift to Indesign for layout. Pagemaker is definitely on the way out; and I don't think Adobe will come out with new versions in the future. Indesign is a much better and more powerful software and it has a good user interface. For purposes of outputting files to imagesetters and platesetters, it's very good.
Back to top Go down
soulreaver

Number of posts : 14

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:06 pm

presstech wrote:
If you are using Pagemaker and Illustrator, you should have no problem with Indesign. Indesign is easier to use than Pagemaker and has a lot of similarities with the interface of Illustrator. I suggest that you invest in a good book on Indesign, preferably one for intermediate users.

It's good to shift to Indesign for layout. Pagemaker is definitely on the way out; and I don't think Adobe will come out with new versions in the future. Indesign is a much better and more powerful software and it has a good user interface. For purposes of outputting files to imagesetters and platesetters, it's very good.

Sir, we had a problem with regards to exporting our in design files to PDF with the setting (Press Quality - convert to destination- preserved numbers, *our icc,) , some elements disappeared especially those with transparencies. When we view it in Acrobat 9, the image is complete but when plated in our CTP some images disappeared and some images had no black in it.

the solution we had was to flatten the pages with problems in Photoshop, themn produce a PDF using illutrator (in which we do are files for short / non multiple page layouts)

I'd like to know some issues regarding PDF's and indesign, and by th way we use Prinect signa Station version 3 in our CTP impositon.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi soulreaver. Could you please try this one. Try flattening your transparencies from InDesign itself. Kindly use the setting below:

Indesign Questions 110

Afterwards, with your PDF export preset in InDesign you can select this setting there to apply it to your jobs.

Indesign Questions 210

Please inform us of the outcome. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
soulreaver

Number of posts : 14

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks Sir! We'll try that one..
Pero kasi sir pili lang yung mga nawalang elements, bakit kaya ganun?
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Mahirap magsalita kung ano ang real cause ng problems mo kasi di natin nakikita ang file. Pero baka naman yung mga nawawalang elements ay yung mga elements na nasagasaan ng transparency.

Naka APPE na ba ang RIP mo or PostScript-based pa rin siya? Pag APPE kasi kahit may transparency walang problema. Pero kung hindi, you will have to flatten your files from either the native application, Acrobat Pro, or from the Rip.

Btw, dun nga pala sa InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat 9 Pro, advisable ang pag gamit ng Overprint Preview para makita mo kung may nawawalang elemento sa pahina na yun. Madami na din kasi kaming experience na sa mga pinapadalang files ng client eh yung mga overprint and knock-out settings nila mali-mali. By clicking overprint preview, you will get to see how those intersecting elements would look on print.

Waiting for your feedback.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dulay

Number of posts : 108

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Archer,

If you are interested, pwede kitang matulungan. Nasa Manila ako up to the end of the month. Pwede ko kayo i-train sa PDF/X workflow.

Just email me if you are interested: agdulay2005atgmaildotcom.

BTW, that is if Larry has not yet offered you anything.

Alex Dulay
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Alex Dulay wrote:
Hi Archer,

If you are interested, pwede kitang matulungan. Nasa Manila ako up to the end of the month. Pwede ko kayo i-train sa PDF/X workflow.

Just email me if you are interested: agdulay2005atgmaildotcom.

BTW, that is if Larry has not yet offered you anything.

Alex Dulay

Hey Alex, timeout muna ako sa prepress and printing. Relax-relax muna sadiq. Btw, will be in Marikina from May 14 til 21...then diretso Bacolod na. Gadz, I need a cold beer.
Back to top Go down
CIECAM

CIECAM

Number of posts : 58

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Wow!!! Andito pala kayo mga Idol. Kaya lang papunta naman ako sa Boracay. Trabaho siyempre. I will be back on the 16th.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:55 am

CIECAM wrote:
Wow!!! Andito pala kayo mga Idol. Kaya lang papunta naman ako sa Boracay. Trabaho siyempre. I will be back on the 16th.

Sino na naman ka-date mo diyan, CIECAM? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alex Dulay

Number of posts : 108

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:28 pm

@CIECAM

ano 'yan magpaparazzi ka?

@Larry,

I will be in Zamabales 'til Tuesday. Yes, enjoy, enjoy muna. Kailangang makapag-recharge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indesign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indesign Questions   Indesign Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indesign Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Prepress-
Jump to: