Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICC Profile

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
icon22

icon22

Number of posts : 26

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:10 am

Does the icc profile already incorporate the dot gain of the process? For example, if I use the ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc in tne color setting of photoshop, will it apply dot gain? If so, what dot gain value?
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi icon22. The dotgain information for ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc is included in the icc profile. Ergo, your dotgain is already calculated when you Preview your photos in PShop.

When you print to a non-RIP proofer and use the ICC-based method instead, especially with absolute colorimetric rendering intent, .... the proofer will also simulate both colors, and dotgain of the ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc. You may need to do a little tweaking. Kumbaga eh final polishing na lang. So that takes care of our proofs.

Tapos, once your film and plates are already linearized you will ALSO ....HAVE TO....enter the ISO-defined dotgain values in your RIP. I posted in another thread the ISO values of 10,15,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,85,,90 and 95% tints. But these values are for positive plates. You can PM me if you want the complete values for negative plates.

ISO VALUES:
POSITIVE PLATES: 40% in file = 53% on print (CMY); 56%(K)
NEGATIVE PLATES: 40% in file = 59% on print (CMY); 62%(K)
Back to top Go down
icon22

icon22

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:25 pm

What do you mean by non-RIP proofer? Question
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:05 pm

These are color printers that are solely controlled by a printer driver. Wala siyang RIP. If you're using one, try to AVOID 2 things on your printer driver:

1. setting your print or color quality to AUTOMATIC or Color Management On;
2. sending jobs using PostScript Color Management.

Let your application software (Adobe CS) do color management.
Back to top Go down
icon22

icon22

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Paano ko macalibrate ang printer kung walang rip? If printer is not calibrated, hindi sya accurate. Parang imagesetter na walang calibration.

Ok ba gamitin ang ordinary na desktop inkjet printer? Yung nabibili sa mga computer shops. Question
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:06 pm

icon22 wrote:
Paano ko macalibrate ang printer kung walang rip? If printer is not calibrated, hindi sya accurate. Parang imagesetter na walang calibration.

Ok ba gamitin ang ordinary na desktop inkjet printer? Yung nabibili sa mga computer shops. Question

No you cant! Desktop printer talks RGB colors not CMYK. The printer has CMYK colorant but the mechanism of the printer driver is in RGB. In fact, you are lucky if you can find a PD that has a feature of Simulation.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Ordinary desktop inkjet printer....you mean RGB printer? I doubt it.

Pero kung CMYK inkjet, lalo na kung may RIP, pwede siguro yung mumurahin.

Pero kung walang RIP pwede pa rin naman pero....yun nga lang....you will need a spectrophotometer and a profile editing software para gawan mo ng bagong ICC profile yung proofer mo. That's what I do kung lumalayo na ang kulay ng device.

There is another way: Tweak your existing proofer profile.

I guess you will need to print a linearization testchart, measure it with your device (spectro), and compare your measurements with a reference file. After that, mag-a-apply ka ng postlinearization curve on your proofer's icc profile.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Billy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ICC Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC Profile   ICC Profile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICC Profile
Page 1 of 1