Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier. Empty
PostSubject: We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier.   We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

I have encountered this promise of a ctp supplier, they promise that they will calibrate all monitor to proofing devices, RIP CTP / workflow to Press.

I only know 1 company that can say, I can certify your proofs and press. and that company is not us. The only thing that we can say is, the software ( certifier ) says so, your proof and press passed the standard using the UGRA wedge or the G7 control strip.

This trick is a good tool for marketing - but bad for the buyer if the supplier can not make it work. It is better to check the credibility of the supplier.

Calibrating devices is just a first step - and maintaining is further more difficult, you need to educate your staffs to fully implement what was done and started - or else all will gone to waste.

To fully implement and maintain the high quality of print - the supplier and the buyer should have a common goal. The supplier should teach and the buyer should learn and pay attentive with strict implementation.

Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier.   We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:06 am

the devil is in the detail – overlook it at you peril !
Back to top Go down
ARC

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier.   We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:30 pm

What CTP machine are you using sir?

Human Spectrum wrote:
I have encountered this promise of a ctp supplier, they promise that they will calibrate all monitor to proofing devices, RIP CTP / workflow to Press.

I only know 1 company that can say, I can certify your proofs and press. and that company is not us. The only thing that we can say is, the software ( certifier ) says so, your proof and press passed the standard using the UGRA wedge or the G7 control strip.

This trick is a good tool for marketing - but bad for the buyer if the supplier can not make it work. It is better to check the credibility of the supplier.

Calibrating devices is just a first step - and maintaining is further more difficult, you need to educate your staffs to fully implement what was done and started - or else all will gone to waste.

To fully implement and maintain the high quality of print - the supplier and the buyer should have a common goal. The supplier should teach and the buyer should learn and pay attentive with strict implementation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier.   We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We calibrate from monitor to press - OPM of CTP Supplier.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Color Management-
Jump to: