Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proper use of spray powder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RKL

Number of posts : 7

Proper use of spray powder Empty
PostSubject: Proper use of spray powder   Proper use of spray powder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me when to use spray powder for my single color offset machine to avoid setting off.
A friend told me to use spray powder in between colors, but according to my offset operator spray powders are used only on the last color of the print job.

Has anyone tried using spray powder in between color? How did it go, did it affect the color of the finished product?
Please help me! Im having setting off problem.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
mastersinc

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: In my opinion   Proper use of spray powder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:31 am

Good day sir!

In my opinion, as per my experience we usually use spray powder when we are running full color job. In between them is a MUST to prevent spoilage due to "HAWA". If you are just running a single color job and there are no images you may not be required to use spray powder. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
RKL

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of spray powder   Proper use of spray powder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you for your reply Masterinc.

On a full color job, should we use spray powder per color?

According to my pressman, when he used spray powder on the first color (it was unintentional, because he forgot to turn off the spray powder after the previous job) After running around 200 impressions he noticed the color lightened because the spray powder has accumulated on the blanket therefore he has to wipe them off.

If spraying powder in between color is a must, is there a better way to avoid the accumulation of powder on the blanket?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of spray powder   Proper use of spray powder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proper use of spray powder
Page 1 of 1