Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP Co-Printers!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mastersinc

Number of posts : 19

HELP Co-Printers! Empty
PostSubject: HELP Co-Printers!   HELP Co-Printers! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

Im currently having a problem with my stock. Im a packaging printer. Right now i have a problem
that was new to me. The stock is printed in Sandwich Paper, Full Color and UV Spot Laminated. I
have printed this for over 6 times already but the past stocks are good.

The problem was when I diecutted the stock the sides of the stock began to chip-off. I told my diecutter to
fix it but we almost wasted 4 days just fixing the stock. In defense of my diecutter he only used the
old plate so he did not change the setting. So I let my supervisor check the Stock.
He told me the Laminate is too thin or the heater was too high. So I called the laminator (I job out my
lamination) they told me that the problem was the paper and there is no way UV Spot lamination can chip-off.
In my defense the paper I use is the same. right now I am really puzzled
who to blame or what to fix because I really dont know whats the problem is it the LAMINATION or PAPER?

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate the reply. Good day!
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

HELP Co-Printers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Co-Printers!   HELP Co-Printers! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 4:28 pm

I don't think the problem is in the lamination; because the job is not laminated but UV coated. UV coating is a varnishing process and does not use film .

I am assuming that you are using a sandwiched board which looks like foldcote board but is gray in the middle, unlike real foldcote board which is all white. I've used this board before; and it's not as durable as the more expensive foldcote. You may have gotten a poor batch; which magnified the poor quality of the stock.

If your diecutter is using the old plate; it's possible that the blades are no longer sharp. It's like using a dull knife to cut bread. The bread will break up; because the dull knife grinds instead of slices through it.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
mastersinc

Number of posts : 19

HELP Co-Printers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Co-Printers!   HELP Co-Printers! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:11 am

Thank you sir, what do you prefer to minimize the breakage of the stock? The sandwich I use is still white inside but a part yellowish unlike foldcote that is pure white inside. I checked the blades and its still good sir. But I have noticed something. I have 4 outs in this job. the breakage in all outs are not the same. But i have one out that is good and the other 3 has a different breakage. other one is on top, other one is on the sides and the other is on the middle. I stop the job first until I can resolve this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELP Co-Printers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Co-Printers!   HELP Co-Printers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP Co-Printers!
Page 1 of 1