Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Printing via PDF

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bum

Bum

Number of posts : 16

Printing via PDF Empty
PostSubject: Printing via PDF   Printing via PDF Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 am

Please help masters!

Is a PDF file done in Corel cs3 okay as a final file to send to the printers for final printing?

Will quality be compromised?

Thanks!..

Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

Printing via PDF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printing via PDF   Printing via PDF Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi Bum,

Wala naman problema pag Corel gamitin.

Pero syempre before creating PDFs (hopefully PDF/X) dapat yung design ay pang printing talaga. Meaning, resolution mga 300dpi, embedded ang mga fonts (or outlined), kumpleto ang bleed, tama ang color profile, etc.

Ngayon, after conversion sa PDF, compare visually kung may mga nagbago ba sa mga elements (i.e. texts, fills, gradients, etc). Print mo din sa PostScript printer to see kung lumabas nga lahat ng elements.

Finally, preflight check the PDF sa Acrobat Pro to verify kung error free nga ang PDF na ginawa.

Madami sa Pinas luma pa rin ang RIP. To avoid major issues sa printer, i-flatten ang transparencies ng artwork sa Corel or sa Acrobat Pro. I'm not a Corel expert kaya tignan mo na lang itong link about flattening sa Corel:

http://coreldraw.com/wikis/howto/manual-flattening.aspx

Hope this helps. Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

Printing via PDF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printing via PDF   Printing via PDF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Pwede kasing pumasa sa preflight but not on the RIP. That is why he wanted the file be compared from authoring software from pdf and ripped files (if the rip allows preview).

Corel is a good design software but it is not a good printing software.
Back to top Go down
Bum

Bum

Number of posts : 16

Printing via PDF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printing via PDF   Printing via PDF Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks Larry and Billy!

Well I did make comparisons and the output was delivered this afternoon. PDF as final artwork seems ok. Yes, I did hear from the operator that some RIPS are still old on some presses.

Corel did have the same output for the vector part of the design I printed as in AI...

Salamat!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Printing via PDF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Printing via PDF   Printing via PDF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Printing via PDF
Page 1 of 1