Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thermal, Violet or UV?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ARC

Number of posts : 50

Thermal, Violet or UV? Empty
PostSubject: Thermal, Violet or UV?   Thermal, Violet or UV? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Based on the existing CtP technology available in the market, what do you think is the best technology and what is the advantage of which?

Which brand excels in it's category?

Maybe somebody will ask, what will you be printing? My answer: in General. No matter what to print and type of substrate.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Thermal, Violet or UV?   Thermal, Violet or UV? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Opinion ko lang. Pang publishing I'd go with Violet and Polymer. Packaging naman Thermal. Kahit anong brand, pare-pareho lang sila nowadays. Dati may big difference. But not anymore. Here's an old thread tungkol sa tanong mo.

https://filipinoprinters.forumotion.com/t119-violet-or-thermal-light-source?highlight=thermal
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Thermal, Violet or UV?   Thermal, Violet or UV? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:17 am

For printing in general (not newspaper printing) and taking into consideration the present environment in the printing industry in the Philippines, I would recommend thermal Ctp for the following reasons.

1. The top 3 selling CtP brands in the Philippines are thermal - Heidelberg, Kodak and Screen. Furthermore, the preferred used/refurbished brand is also thermal - Screen Platerite and its rebrands (Heidel Topsetter, Agfa Avalon and Fuji Accento). This gives the user a wide range of equipment to choose from. Service support is also more readily available.

2. There is a large variety of thermal plate brands available in the Philippine market.

3. Prices of thermal plates are lower than violet polymer plates.

4. Thermal platesetters are cheaper than UV platesetters. Considering that prices of ps plates are no longer cheaper than thermal plates; UV platesetters have lost their advantage.

5. There must be a reason why most service bureaus in Manila use thermal CtP. I only know of one that uses violet and one that uses UV.

Incidentally, I am now in Vietnam, having just visited the CtP plate factory of Mylan. I was privileged to meet the CEO of Mylan, Dr. My Nguyen who has a PhD in Chemistry. Dr. Nguyen, who was part of the original team that developed thermal CtP technology, showed me his new water washable thermal plate. After exposure on a thermal platesetter, the non-image area is simply washed off with water and gummed. This new plate is not only easy to process; but is also environmental friendly. I am convinced that this plate will be the preferred plate in the near future. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thermal, Violet or UV?   Thermal, Violet or UV? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thermal, Violet or UV?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Prepress-
Jump to: