Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mastersinc

Number of posts : 19

HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Empty
PostSubject: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Good day Sirs,

I would just like to ask if any of you knows a gadget to check colors?

My operators said about "meter" something but I can't find it.

Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:15 am

Maybe they are talking about densitometer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Agree ako kay Rempress. The operator is talking about a densitometer, which is considered the basic measuring device of the offset pressman.

If you are planning to purchase a densitometer, you should be aware of the following:

1. You need a reflection densitometer, not a transmission densitometer. A reflection densitometer measures printed images; while a transmission densitometer is used to measure images on film.
2. You need a color reflection densitometer which can measure the the different cmyk color channels.
3. You need a densitometer that can measure both ink density and halftone screen percentages. Some old and low end densitometers will only measure density.
4. You have to be sure that the densitometer is calibrated.

It is important to have images in your print which the densitometer can read. For ink density readings, you need solid cmyk patches on the leading or trailing edge of the paper. For screen measurements, you need to have screen percentage patches for the densitometer to read. Without these patches to read, the densitometer is useless.

Hope this helps. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

a spectrophotometer is another tool to check colors
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 am

larrysison wrote:

That's right. As a matter of fact, the new high end desitometers even include some functions of the spectrophotometers. Examples are the X-Rite Spectrodensitometer and the Techkon SpectroDens.

By the way Larry, when are you coming home for vacation? Let's organize a Color Management Seminar. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:50 pm

presstech wrote:
larrysison wrote:

That's right. As a matter of fact, the new high end desitometers even include some functions of the spectrophotometers. Examples are the X-Rite Spectrodensitometer and the Techkon SpectroDens.

Yup. Ganda nga pag two features in one device lang ang ginagamit. SpectroDens are usually offered with the basic densitometer features only. The same device can be upgraded to the Advanced model by purchasing a separate license para pwede sya ng L*a*b* readings.

Quote :
By the way Larry, when are you coming home for vacation? Let's organize a Color Management Seminar. sunny

Oh my. Sir, kababalik ko lang po dito sa KSA mga 7 hours ago. Sa Bacolod po ako ng Christmas and New Year. Hopefully, next time we could arrange it before my next vacation.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 pm

mastersinc wrote:
Good day Sirs,

Thank you. Very Happy

Hi mastersinc, here's a previous thread na related sa question mo:

https://filipinoprinters.forumotion.com/t70-tools-for-color-management
Back to top Go down
mastersinc

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:35 pm

larrysison wrote:
mastersinc wrote:
Good day Sirs,

Thank you. Very Happy

Hi mastersinc, here's a previous thread na related sa question mo:

https://filipinoprinters.forumotion.com/t70-tools-for-color-management

Sir Larry,

Thank you. Is there any institution who trains or any seminar that I can attend
for color management? thank you again.
Back to top Go down
mastersinc

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 pm

presstech wrote:
Agree ako kay Rempress. The operator is talking about a densitometer, which is considered the basic measuring device of the offset pressman.

If you are planning to purchase a densitometer, you should be aware of the following:

1. You need a reflection densitometer, not a transmission densitometer. A reflection densitometer measures printed images; while a transmission densitometer is used to measure images on film.
2. You need a color reflection densitometer which can measure the the different cmyk color channels.
3. You need a densitometer that can measure both ink density and halftone screen percentages. Some old and low end densitometers will only measure density.
4. You have to be sure that the densitometer is calibrated.

It is important to have images in your print which the densitometer can read. For ink density readings, you need solid cmyk patches on the leading or trailing edge of the paper. For screen measurements, you need to have screen percentage patches for the densitometer to read. Without these patches to read, the densitometer is useless.

Hope this helps. sunny

thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
mastersinc

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

rempress wrote:
Maybe they are talking about densitometer.

Thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Quote :
Sir Larry,

Thank you. Is there any institution who trains or any seminar that I can attend
for color management? thank you again.

If you like you can wait for my colleague, Mr. Alex Dulay. Pauwi siya ng Pinas this summer. He can visit your place and do PDF/X training, color managment, CtF or CtP optimization and press optimization to PSO-ISO 12647-2. After the audit and training may kasamang detailed audit report yun. Please try to contact him thru

agdulay2005@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Alex Dulay

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 am

Quote :
If you like you can wait for my colleague, Mr. Alex Dulay. Pauwi siya ng Pinas this summer. He can visit your place and do PDF/X training, color managment, CtF or CtP optimization and press optimization to PSO-ISO 12647-2. After the audit and training may kasamang detailed audit report yun.

Thanks, Larry.

@mastersinc

Yes, I can help you. Just email me.

Alex

P.S.

If there is someone who are willing to sponsor/organize, I am willing to conduct a 1-day seminar about PDF/X on May, 2011 Smile
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Sir Alex,

Nagco-conduct din ba kayo ng training/seminar dito sa KSA particularly sa Jeddah?
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:26 pm

yes. he does training on pdf/x, color management, proofing & printing to ISO 12647 standards. mabagsik yan! you can contact him offline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?   HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP: What is the Gadget to Check COLORS?
Page 1 of 1