Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICC PROFILING

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
f2sangreo

f2sangreo

Number of posts : 20
Location : 79 Molave St., corner Kamagong St., Duyan-Duyan, Proj. 3, QC.

ICC PROFILING Empty
PostSubject: ICC PROFILING   ICC PROFILING Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I have little knowledge in ICC profiles...i believe its about color management. My question is...

1. How important is ICC Profiling in relation to Pre-PRESS & PRESS?
2. Do we really get the exact color requirement of the client if designs are applied with ICC profiles?
3. What is ICC Profile?
4. How do I get the exact color from layout to press?

tnx in advance!
Back to top Go down
http://francosangreo.multiply.com/
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

ICC PROFILING Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC PROFILING   ICC PROFILING Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:21 pm

f2sangreo wrote:
I have little knowledge in ICC profiles...i believe its about color management. My question is...

2. Do we really get the exact color requirement of the client if designs are applied with ICC profiles?
3. What is ICC Profile?

tnx in advance!

Using the correct ICC profile will not guarantee that products will conform to the customer's color requirement. It only eliminates one of the many causes of color shifts on the press.

Other opportunities for defects are: RIP setting, dot uniformity on plate, ink sequence, transparency of process inks, standard ink density used, paper shade, press settings, color accuracy of your color proofs, etc.

An ICC profile is created by averaging the measured data gathered during a controlled printing process. From the averaged data you can apply your preferred GCR intensity, TAC limit and Neutral Gray combination. The .icc or .icm file, if placed in the correct folder, can now be loaded into your graphic software to color manage your documents.

You can achieve color consistency from layout to press if you and your printer follow the guidelines of ProcessStandard Offset (PSO), ProcessStandard Newspaper (PSN), ProcessStandard Rotogravure (PSR), etc...

My thoughts only.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dulay

Number of posts : 108

ICC PROFILING Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC PROFILING   ICC PROFILING Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:46 am

Quote :

3. What is ICC Profile?

1. You will know your color gamut. Thus, it was very important.

2. The use of ICC profile is part of the process to assure color consistency. Let put it this way, if your client sent you a poster using an ISO Coated V2 300 ICC profile, and you reproduced the plate using that ICC profile, also your proofing and your press color gamut passed within 95% of the ISO standard, I think you can achieve the color that your client's required.

3. Hmmm... I think you can Google on this one.

4. Thru standardization and one of it is PSO as Larry said. Also, your question no. 1 answered this. You need to find out how much color your press can reproduce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ICC PROFILING Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICC PROFILING   ICC PROFILING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICC PROFILING
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Color Management-
Jump to: