Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

paper planning confusion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pinay_printer

Number of posts : 9

paper planning confusion Empty
PostSubject: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 am

can anyone teach me how is paper planning?
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi pinay_printer,

here are some websites with information about paper.
http://www.printoutlet.us/printing101.php
http://www.paper-paper.com/weight.html

Hope this helps.

There are so many things to learn about paper for printing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pinay_printer

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks for the reply but i got an interview in dubai as printing estimator and asked me about paper planning which is new term for me. Is it the estimation on how many paper will be consumed in a particular job order? Or step by step process from paper estimation to finishing?
Back to top Go down
Alex Dulay

Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:31 am

Quote :
Thanks for the reply but i got an interview in dubai as printing estimator and asked me about paper planning which is new term for me. Is it the estimation on how many paper will be consumed in a particular job order? Or step by step process from paper estimation to finishin

I believed your first assumption is correct. But delete the word "estimation". You must know exactly how many sheets will be consumed in a particular job order.

Just my 1 cent.
Back to top Go down
pinay_printer

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:01 am

hmmmm ok po...so i guess i need more knowledge regarding the step by step procedure in this so called paper planning. Will be attending soon some seminars in pptf to help me on this and find some companies that will give me free trainings so i wont be ignorant again hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Bum

Bum

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 pm

When is the next PPTF? Is this yearly?
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Bum wrote:
When is the next PPTF? Is this yearly?

Buhay pa pa bang PPTF ngayon? Kung existing pa sila sana naman i-update na nila ang mga materials nila. Also, sana meron mga mas batang trainors. Sana may real world problem solving activities and assignments. Sana meron iba't ibang comparisons ng mga cost calculation models, and the advantages of one over the other. I attended 2 courses dun dati, cost estimation and print production management. Sad to say, their approach is more on "Telling" than "Training".

My humble thoughts lang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: paper planning confusion   paper planning confusion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

paper planning confusion
Page 1 of 1