Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flexographics and Converting press

Go down 
+4
Flexoto
Doctor Blade
presstech
ani-blade
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ani-blade

Number of posts : 16

Flexographics and Converting press Empty
PostSubject: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Madami ba nagfleflexo d2 sa pinas? Parang kaka-unti lang, ano kaya ang dahilan?
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:38 am

During the last election, there was a noticeable increase in campaign materials printed with flexo. The flexo printed materials were durable and inexpensive.

I think that flexo will grow at a faster rate than offset because of:
* increasing cost of paper and board for offset
* availability of low cost flexo machines from China
* increasing use of flexible packaging

Just my thoughts. sunny
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi Sir Presstech,

thanks for your positive input. akala ko yung plastic na mga banner sa tarpaulin din gawa. Flexo din pala yun, bakit ung mga U.S machine at European ba hindi na magcliclick kesa sa china?

Wala ata strong support ung mga china flexo machine. Sino ba ung mga nag-invest dati sa flexo machine. Sa tingin ko kasi konti lang From 2005 - 2010.

cheers, Very Happy
ani-blade.

P.S

Doctor blade sana makita mo post ko.

cheers
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi Sir Presstech,

May mga kilala ka ba na printing company na gusto magflexo? Dati kc operator ako ng cyrel fast dupont ung flexo na CTP. Galing kasi ng technology ng flexo.

Very Happy

regards,
ani-blade
Back to top Go down
Doctor Blade

Doctor Blade

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 am

This year maraming nagdagdag at nag upgrade sa flexo prepress.. CTP Flexo that is... including new technologies. There are at least 6 but I cannot mention company names. Unlike offset, flexo printers are very secretive.
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Doctor Blade,

thanks for your input, bakit naman masikreto ang mga nagfleflexo? Matanung ko lang sir sa flexo industry ka ba or more on sa offset ka? By the way dati akong operator ng Du pont flexo CTP.

Wala na bang company na nagdagdag ng Flexo Press Machine?
Back to top Go down
Doctor Blade

Doctor Blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:13 am

ani-blade wrote:
Hi Doctor Blade,

thanks for your input, bakit naman masikreto ang mga nagfleflexo? Matanung ko lang sir sa flexo industry ka ba or more on sa offset ka? By the way dati akong operator ng Du pont flexo CTP.

Wala na bang company na nagdagdag ng Flexo Press Machine?

Almost common ang customers ng flexo printers and by volume kaya medyo discreet sila. I was more on offset but now I find flexo more challenging. Sa abroad ba o domestic yun work mo in operating Dupont Flexo CTP?
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi Doctorblade,

Local employee lng ako. D2 lng ako sa pinas nag-perate ng flexo CTP.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Blade

Doctor Blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm

ani-blade wrote:
Hi Doctorblade,

Local employee lng ako. D2 lng ako sa pinas nag-perate ng flexo CTP.

San ang area ng work mo, QC, Mandaluyong or Cavite?
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Doctor Blade,

Mandaluyong area lang ako. almost 1 year ako dun. I also operate kodak approval system dun.

best regards,
ani-blade
Back to top Go down
Doctor Blade

Doctor Blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:52 am

ani-blade wrote:
Hi Doctor Blade,

Mandaluyong area lang ako. almost 1 year ako dun. I also operate kodak approval system dun.

best regards,
ani-blade

Aah so you're working or used to work at PW Smile ?
Are you still in the Philippines? How do you rate the performance of the Approval Proofing System?
Back to top Go down
ani-blade

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi Doctor Blade,

I'm still here in the Philippines, yes i'm from PW before.. cheers
Approval System is really nice because you can print on actual substrate for proofing and it can match the color gamut of offset machine.

I think we should meet, saang company ka po ba?

regards,
ani-blade
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:57 am

presstech wrote:
During the last election, there was a noticeable increase in campaign materials printed with flexo. The flexo printed materials were durable and inexpensive.

I think that flexo will grow at a faster rate than offset because of:
* increasing cost of paper and board for offset
* availability of low cost flexo machines from China
* increasing use of flexible packaging

Just my thoughts. sunny

I agree. And may I add, napaka-flexible kasi ng flexo. You can print on different type of materials. Napaka-productive, maliit ang maintenance cost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
attanjr

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: re: flexo   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:09 pm

hello, newbie here, on behalf of a family friend am in the process of helping them out decide whether or not to start up a flexo printing business to cater firstly for their own needs and others who are the same business. They are into food, specifically, meat processing.

my initial question are:
1. would a second hand reconditioned flexo press be advisable?
2. which type of machine should we be looking for? Example by brand and model number.
3. if he goes for a brand new one, what china brand should we be looking for?
4. should they consider investing in pre-press too?
5. what is the relative start up cost for flexo printing and separately for flexo pre-press?

i have some experience with pre-press, workflow, proofing and color management and working knowledge of printing (not hands-on though) but was really into digital imaging and printing first (wide format printing via solvent and dye based inks back at the infancy of wide format printing) that is why my friend approach me to help them out.

I hope this won't be off topic and would appreciate any help you can extend.

Oh, on a side note, anyone knows Ross Zita? He handled Dupont proofing system some years ago.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:31 am

Hi, I am currently working in a label and packaging company. I am not an expert in flexo printing but somehow I feel I can be of help.

And to answer your questions:
1. would a second hand reconditioned flexo press be advisable? -
of course it not advisable
2. which type of machine should we be looking for? Example by brand and model number.
Mark Andy and gallus are two of the most famous brand but not necessarily the best. Medyo tricky pagdating sa model number. You know why? Two machines may have the same model number but different in technical specifications. Manufacturers will ask you for what type of jobs you want to print in their machines. Then they will manufacture the machine according to your requirement.
3. if he goes for a brand new one, what china brand should we be looking for?
I don't know. European are the best.
4. should they consider investing in pre-press too?
I don't think so.
5. what is the relative start up cost for flexo printing and separately for flexo pre-press?
Sabi nga eh, sky is the limit depende sa set up mo. Para sa akin, tignan mo ang budget then hanapan ng katapat dahil malaki ang kailangan.

By the way, I am from Angeles City too. For all we know, we know each other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
SAUroman

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Good day to you. My friend makes a living sa flexo press biz din siya. Sabi nga, God created the world and the rest was made in China. Smile

Maski mga Japanese brand, nakalagay madalas, Japan technology but processed in China. Ganun na din with the Euros. Ang sabi na lang ng friend ko who is working as a supervisor in SEMICON, sa Quality Assurance (QA) na lang daw nagkakatalo, dahil halos lahat daw talaga ay puro gawa ng China.

Btw, kung processed meat yan biz nyo from Angeles, cgurado masarap yan. Baka naghahanap kayo ng dealer dito? Smile

Back to top Go down
attanjr

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:34 am

how true sir SAUroman! hehehe
Back to top Go down
attanjr

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:37 am

PS: sir SAUroman matanong nga yung dealership nila, it's a relatively new brand but 100% homegrown dito sa amin sa angeles. get back to you about this. good day to all!
Back to top Go down
doming

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: inquiry   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 pm

anu nga po ba ang flexo printing? meron po ba pde mag-explain sa akin po tungkol dito? tnx and more power...
Back to top Go down
rickyv

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: flexo   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

meron ba tumatanggap ng pa running na flexo? contact me please 09156533422
maraming salamat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flexographics and Converting press   Flexographics and Converting press Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flexographics and Converting press
Page 1 of 1