Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO   Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 pm

WORKFLOW wrote:

Maybe the reason that I seem to be against ISO (which I'm not) because I have seen several printers who tried to implement it but just get their pockets drained without getting any benefits. There are some people (consultants and suppliers) that uses ISO standard, to make money. I cannot blame them, but they should let the printers savour the fruit of their endeavour by guiding them until they attain their goal (not just dump them when they get paid) than urging them to display it as status symbol. IMHO

Thanks for your comments WORKFLOW. I believe you're expecting too much from the consultant. I will try my best to simplify their roles so it will be much clearer to everyone:

Preparing for ISO
Start Job. The PSO consultant does not do the actual PSO audit. He prepares the sales force, prepress and press people by educating them on the norm. He also informs them of some possible questions the auditor will be asking them and also the consultant will have to inspect the company's Quality Manual, SOPs, certificates of calibration, calibration schedule, etc.

After this is done the consultant guides them to have their data reception, data creation, proofing products, and press sheets attain the ISO level. End Job.

Attaining ISO
The official auditor (Ugra, Fogra, etc...)comes and compares the audited company if it is complying to the general params of the standard. They do the interview, give the prepress guys problematic files, evaluates the prepress guys if they know what they're doing, monitors their proofing process, make ready process, etc. Once the printer gives the go signal that he has already an OK sheet, the auditor starts collecting samples. If the audited company passes the technical requirements also, they are given the PSO-ISO certification.

Maintaining ISO
The fact that the company already proved they are able to attain ISO, then we can say that the consultant, and the rest of the motley crue, have done a good job.....once.

All they have to do is to document their process, apply their process, and introduce continual improvement, so that they are able to improve their products, and processes.

But this is the job of the related department heads, section supervisors, and quality guys.

The consultant has already done his part after the 1st stage. That's all there is to it.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.
Back to top Go down
JhunRuby

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO   Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks for the helpful info!

Now, i have a guide...
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO   Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Just want to add that other certifying bodies allow their certified partners (consultants) to do both the pre-audit and actual audit procedures. The press sheets are sent to the certifying organization's office who will do the final measurement and analysis. They will decide whether the audited company passes the certification or not.
Back to top Go down
rasec2101

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO   Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Thanks for this information. You have been there, I suppose, your comments are straight from experience (from the horse mouth) Very Happy no offense meant, sir.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO   Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:53 am

Hi Sir rasec2101. Right from the horse's mouth ba? Pwede ba camel na lang? Mas madami dito nun kaysa sa kabayo. hehehe.

Welcome to our forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO   Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparing for ISO; Attaining ISO; Maintaining ISO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Printing in General :: Printing in General-
Jump to: