Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

calibration

Go down 
+2
Sandman
dan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dan

dan

Number of posts : 17

calibration Empty
PostSubject: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am

anyone here, know how to calibrate large format printer HP 5000 designjet...
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi Dan,

If you're going to use the same proofing paper recommended by your vendor and the right icc profile for that paper type, then you may want to start by Linearizing your proofer muna. If you're using a different ink or paper set, then you might need to Linearize AND characterize your device to create a new icc profile for that proofing media.

Print some jobs and analyze your hues kung may noticeable deviations. Kung meron, you may want to tweak the icc profile with a profile editing software like ProfileMaker's Profile Editor.

Better siguro if you have an external RIP as well as the necessary measuring devices (and software) to keep your output within ISO 12647-7 parameters.

My thoughts only.

Larry

PS: By the way, you can PM CIECAM if you need further assistance.
Back to top Go down
CIECAM

CIECAM

Number of posts : 58

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

dan rosales wrote:

More info please.
Pang proof o production
May RIP o Wala
Back to top Go down
dan

dan

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am

salamat po sir's.... wala pong RIP not necessary nman po malapit na malapit cya sa pressproof pro yung may pag kakahawig cya ng konti kc gusto po nmin cyang gamitin color guide sa press co'z now heavy po masyado ink nya Arrow

Last edited by dan rosales on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Dan.

Sabi mo nga okay naman ang "colors" and the only problem is super "heavy" ang ink. In that case I don't think you need to do much besides reducing the ink limit (TAC) of your icc profile.

Normally, proofer icc profile has a TAC between 350 to 400%. Reduce niyo lang ang TAC..siguro mga 300 to 330%....and maybe...just maybe....increase the GCR accordingly to bring down your CMY. Pero you will need a profile editor for this. CIECAM may be having one I suppose.

My thoughts.

Larry
Back to top Go down
dan

dan

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 am

tnx po sir larry.. and sir do you have an idea kung magkano smythe sewn machine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Dan, sorry pare di ko alam ang sagot sa tanong mo.
Back to top Go down
printhacker

printhacker

Number of posts : 9

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:25 pm

sir. Larry wede matanong kung ano gamit nyong proofer?
para naman may aydiya ako kung ano pwede kong bilin.
salamat po.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Ey printhacker. Welcome to our site.

Sa editorial and advertising departments we have OKIs and Lexmarks....can't remember the particular model. At the press we have Canon Pixma. Remember these are not to be used for critical color evaluation.

For critical jobs we recently invested on several solutions. It's a complete GMG workflow. Yung isang module nila will drive the Epson Stylus 4880. We also have the GMG Proof Control and Bodoni's ProofSign validation systems to measure the Fogra Media Wedge on the proofs.

You can PM either CIECAM or COOL i if you need more information on Epsons.
Back to top Go down
printhacker

printhacker

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 pm

sir. OKIs, Lexmark and Canon Pixma di pala suported ng GMG Workflow only the EPSON? Pinag sama pa parehong mahal palagay ko matanggal ako sa trabaho nito.... lol!
thanks flower
Back to top Go down
printhacker

printhacker

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 pm

larrysison wrote:
Ey printhacker. Welcome to our site.

Sa editorial and advertising departments we have OKIs and Lexmarks....can't remember the particular model. At the press we have Canon Pixma. Remember these are not to be used for critical color evaluation.

For critical jobs we recently invested on several solutions. It's a complete GMG workflow. Yung isang module nila will drive the Epson Stylus 4880. We also have the GMG Proof Control and Bodoni's ProofSign validation systems to measure the Fogra Media Wedge on the proofs.

You can PM either CIECAM or COOL i if you need more information on Epsons.
[url]

sir. OKIs, Lexmark and Canon Pixma di pala suported ng GMG Workflow only the EPSON? Pinag sama pa parehong mahal palagay ko matanggal ako sa trabaho nito.... lol!

thanks flower
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 am

Kung di rin naman requirement na ISO-compliant ang proofs pwedeng pwede na ang OKI and Lexmark laser printers. Basta balahan mo lang ng magandang papel. Kahit wala kang RIP okay na yan.

Yun nga lang you will need to create your own ICC profile para ilapit mo ang dotgain ng printer mo sa dotgain ng press na sini-simulate mo.

So pag create ng ICC profiles 3 times mo lang ito gagawin...once for each paper type (glossy, matt and uncoated).

Pag meron ka nang ICC profile, wag ka na magpalit ng materyales....i-standardize mo na rin ang proofing procedure mo para ma-minimize mo ang variations.

If you're not familiar with ICC profiling you can PM Shutter, CIECAM, or better yet my colleague, Alex Dulay, who will be in the P.I. this May.
Back to top Go down
wisiwig05

wisiwig05

Number of posts : 3

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 pm

larrysison wrote:
Kung di rin naman requirement na ISO-compliant ang proofs pwedeng pwede na ang OKI and Lexmark laser printers. Basta balahan mo lang ng magandang papel. Kahit wala kang RIP okay na yan.

Yun nga lang you will need to create your own ICC profile para ilapit mo ang dotgain ng printer mo sa dotgain ng press na sini-simulate mo.

So pag create ng ICC profiles 3 times mo lang ito gagawin...once for each paper type (glossy, matt and uncoated).

Pag meron ka nang ICC profile, wag ka na magpalit ng materyales....i-standardize mo na rin ang proofing procedure mo para ma-minimize mo ang variations.

If you're not familiar with ICC profiling you can PM Shutter, CIECAM, or better yet my colleague, Alex Dulay, who will be in the P.I. this May.
[url]

sorry sir. but i disappoint to your comment. What a Face
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dulay

Number of posts : 108

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:02 pm

Quote :

Check the bundled software of your printer and find out what spectro device it supports. Then buy one. If your printer doesn't have any bundled software, you must also buy a profiling/calibration software.

There are two ways to calibrate: one is thru RIP and the other one is thru the use of ICC profile. In both ways you need to buy a spectro device. Without spectro device like Eye One Pro, there's no way you can accurately calibrate. And of course you need the software. These are expensive tools.

Your other option is to find someone who can do the calibration for you, of course you had to pay. Remember for each substrate/media you use, you will need separate calibration. For this matter, make sure the person who will do the calibration can present to you latest manufacturer's certificate of device calibration. Yes device is being calibrated also but at manufacturer's site. Or at least the person can proved that his device is calibrated.

HTH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

calibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: calibration   calibration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

calibration
Page 1 of 1