Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ibler

Number of posts : 112

hello? Empty
PostSubject: hello?   hello? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 pm

it's awfully quiet in here...
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

hello? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello?   hello? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Sir ibler. Sorry for the looooong silence. Been very busy lately.

We've been working closely with the execs and tech guys from Micro Inks, India (Hostmann-Steinberg) to formulate a new ink set for the type of newsprint that we're using in the Middle East. Currently, we're using Hostmann inks according to ISO 2846-2...and it is NOT working well for us only because of one critical factor.....our paper.

As you know, the ISO paper for newspaper printing is recycled paper and gives a somewhat yellowish color. In this region, most especially in Saudi Arabia, most newspaper publishers and printers use virgin paper from either Canada or Switzerland. It is very bright and it does not have an evident yellowish cast. Ergo, colors printed on this stock appear to be more saturated. Makulay talaga ang tirada.

But since the paper is NOT yellowish enough (b* 1.0 - b*1.5) like the norm (b*3+), the color gamut produced with this paper printed with inks as per ISO 2846-2 (coldset) does not have enough yellows on the greens and reds. This creates a problem when we print corporate logos or advertisements with those colors. The only way to get those colors is to overink the yellows. Doing so creates other problems particularly when there are other advertisement, with lots of grays, located on the same ink zone.

I was asked by Micro Inks to print as per ISO using 2 or 3 different stocks commonly used in the region. From there we could study the color gamut we've produced, average it, so that they could create a special formulation that will work well with varying paper shades, brightness and gloss...and still produce an acceptable Delta E on the secondary colors (RGB). Let's see what happens in the weeks to come.

The thing is I'm leaving for Manila in three weeks and I will still have to fly to Riyadh in a couple of days to conduct PSO-ISO 12647 training and calibration (prepress & press) for 2 companies there. That will take me about a week to finish.

I just wish I could do everything needed before my vacation.

Sir ibler, ipa-Fedex mo na yung pinagmamalaki niyong Lechon Cebu sa akin. Malapit lang naman ang Bacolod sa Cebu. nyahahaha. bounce

Let's keep in touch.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Number of posts : 8

hello? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello?   hello? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:10 am

GOR = Gambit

Hello guys! Di ba natin uulitin ang EB with knowledge sharing gaya ng dati?

Larry -- i still can't figure out who is better looking, ikaw or ang avatar mo? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

hello? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello?   hello? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:59 am

GOR ma men!

Sup dude? Tagal mong nawala ha. Wala nang sumunod na EB after the first one. Sana nga magkita-kita tayo ulit soon. Pare mas gwapo naman ako ng isang paligo sa avatar ko noh. hehehe. God bless.

- larry
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Number of posts : 8

hello? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello?   hello? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 am

larrysison wrote:
GOR ma men!

Sup dude? Tagal mong nawala ha. Wala nang sumunod na EB after the first one. Sana nga magkita-kita tayo ulit soon. Pare mas gwapo naman ako ng isang paligo sa avatar ko noh. hehehe. God bless.

- larry

Yes. It's been a while but I visit this forum. I just don't log kasi nakalimutan ko password -- need memo plus na Mad

Still in printing business, di nga lang offset. Although I still want na balikan ang offset someday. For now, I cannot handle the hassles of prepress. Kung computer to press na sana. Digital offset? Yes but grabeh pa ang price. ROI for me pushes it on the back burner.

Kita-kita ulit tayo ni ibler, presstech, tinman, trooper, at iba pa pag uwi mo Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hello? Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello?   hello? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: General Category :: General Discussions-
Jump to: