Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chief 22

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

chief 22 Empty
PostSubject: chief 22   chief 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 pm

Mga Sirs,
I am a small press owner planning to buy an old chief 22? What can you say about the machine performancewise? Is P80k reasonable? I am considering it because of its size and price. Hindi pa kaya ng budget ang solna or heildel. Can you suggest other machine na mas maganda ang performance with that price range?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

chief 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chief 22   chief 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 10:42 pm

The ATF Chief 22 is really a very old machine. However, with you're budget of P80TK, it's difficult to find anything better. I suggest that you hire mechanic to have a look at the machine in order for you to determine its actual condition. Run a plate with a 16 x 21 flat screen and center and corner marks. Check the printed sheet for streaks. Run the printed sheets several times to check the registration. Check the screen with a magnifier to see if the dots print correctly or are elongated. Sometimes an old machine, if well maintained, can still print well.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

chief 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chief 22   chief 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 12:45 am

Thanks for the tip sir presstech. I know chief 22's are very old machine. I don't expect it to produce me excellent output. It is intended actually for one color and long run jobs to support my Gestetner 313.
By the way what causes streaks? Malaki ba problem ito just in case meron. According to the owner it was bought directly from the US, run for 6 years and stocked for 4 years kaya wala na power supply kasi nagsara na sila. Is there any problem kung ipaconvert ko ng single phase ang motors nya? Ang tingin ko okey pa naman yung machine parts are still complete walang welding. Surprisingly meron pa siyang spray powder. Is there anything else that i should consider before buying it? Any opinion? Anyone?
Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

chief 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chief 22   chief 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 12:04 am

Streaks may be simply due to improperly adjusted rollers, which isn't really a big problem. They may also be due to worn out cylinder bushings, which might require overhauling the machine.

If the motor of the Chief 22 has brakes, then you would lose this feature when you change to single phase. If it. does not have brakes, I don't see any problems with changing to a single phase motor with the same power and speed.
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

chief 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chief 22   chief 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 am

Thanks presstech it was a great help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

chief 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chief 22   chief 22 Icon_minitime