Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Large Format Printer

Go down 
+2
presstech
icc_user
6 posters
AuthorMessage
icc_user

icc_user

Number of posts : 16

Large Format Printer Empty
PostSubject: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Also at Photocongress:

I was trying to find a good desktop printer during that day. I saw the Pixma 9000 and the smaller intalled at a paper distributor of Orange paper. I saw Canon LFP printed some samples on a Glossy paper, Premium Satin as it was called by the one printing, while he was entertaining all my questions and other peoples inquiry. At the booth of HP, I found the Z series as they call it. I find the canvass printing a lot better that of Canon Large Format Printer. HP also explain the advantage of their VIVERA inks over other printer.
Back to top Go down
icc_user

icc_user

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 pm

I have spent sometimes in learning about Fogra and Gracol, Swop and Euroscale.

I found out that Most RIP software uses a Printing Engine like Epson and HP. Most SWOP and Gracol Certifications, they used the EPson Printer.
For the FOGRA Certifications, they(Software Rip) use the HP Printer.

What Happen to Canon, I found only Two Models Like W8200 and W6200.
These 2 models was already phase out in the Market.
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:34 am

Canon Philippines recently introduced to the local market the imagePrograF or iPF series. The sizes range from 17" for the iPF 500 to 36" for the iPF 700. Our company recently installed the EagleProof 4.0 rip software on two iPF 600 24" printers; and they work fine.

The iPF 500, 600 and 700 use 5 colors. The iPF 5000 and 9000 use 12 colors. The iPF 9000 is 60" wide. What a Face
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 pm

Certification consist of The RIP software, Paper and The Engine or the Inkjet Printer. They talk about consistency, uniformity, ACCURACY , gamut, Appearance. Whiteness, brightness, opacity etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Best of the Best   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 pm

I am almost done with my research regarding Large format Printer (indoor). The research consist of the Biggest name in Inkjet Namely the HPZ series vs. Epson Vs. Canon IPF. To give you a view, one of them has a large Gamut, the other has the best resolution and the other one can predict the output before the ink dries.
Back to top Go down
icc_user

icc_user

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 8:51 pm

billy wrote:
Certification consist of The RIP software, Paper and The Engine or the Inkjet Printer. They talk about consistency, uniformity, ACCURACY , gamut, Appearance. Whiteness, brightness, opacity etc. etc.

Base on these things. Certification is something that you can be proud of. Imagine certified by International Body of Printers. A doucument that can be shown to anybody. Why should I settle for second to somebody. You should conform to the Standard to to say that your print is standard. Non Conformance to standard means your print is sub standard, Sir Larry?
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 am

Hi icc_user. Certification, indeed, is key to know if our capability is at par with international standards.

Both Fogra and Gracol aim that our tones and colors are in line with the ISO 12647-2:2004. But they have different views on how to achieve this.

Fogra certification can be broken down in 2: Prepress, and Press (PSO).

With regard to Prepress certification, I do not believe that proofing quality alone can be certified by Fogra as the organization also takes into consideration all the prepress-related processes involved (ie. digital camera, scanner, monitor and proofer calibration and profiling).

Moreover, our proofing process (file acceptance, handling, color conversion, file sending, color management settings, etc...) and our proofing materials (toner, dyes, etc..) are tested if we are able to simulate the ISO color gamut printed on 5 different types of paper.

I can only ASSUME that they are referring to the ff paper types:

Paper types (PT)
PT1 gloss coated white woodfree
PT2 matte coated white woodfree
PT3 gloss coated LWC (light weight coated)
PT4 uncoated white offset
PT5 uncoated yellowish offset

Meaning, medyo mahirap-hirap makakuha ng Prepress certification kasi they will test the capability of ALL our prepress processes.

Another alternative is NOT to go for any Fogra certification. Rather, we simply show our clients that our proofs are in accordance with the ISO.

If the proof is intended as a contract proof we attach the Ugra Fogra CMYKv2 Media Wedge to our proofs. We measure this with a spectrophotometer every single time. We then compare our color values with the ISO.

If our Delta E values are within the Ugra/Fogra tolerance range (...say 4 or 5 on MOST of the 33 color patches) then we can say that we are FOGRA COMPLIANT!!! Regardless if it was printed on a low-cost cmyk printer.

This is legally binding as long as the media wedge is attached on the printed proof.

My humble thoughts.
Back to top Go down
theprint

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Good day to everyone new in a printing business, ask lang po what is the importance of RIP software in printing? what rip software is recommended? I'm using canon ipf6100, and JHF VISTA for tarp printing?

sorry po newbie...but very thankful for this forum its very informative...
Back to top Go down
Doctor Blade

Doctor Blade

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:13 am

theprint wrote:
Good day to everyone new in a printing business, ask lang po what is the importance of RIP software in printing? what rip software is recommended? I'm using canon ipf6100, and JHF VISTA for tarp printing?

sorry po newbie...but very thankful for this forum its very informative...

Hi, I assume that you are asking about Color Management "RIP" for your proofer? Or are you asking a RIP to interpret your layout pages for output to a CTF or CTP device?

For color management RIP, your proofer will be able to simulate colors of your press run thereby you can present a color accurate representation of your press run to your client. As to tarp printing, there are some software that will be able to save you ink (ink optimizer).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Large Format Printer   Large Format Printer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Large Format Printer
Page 1 of 1