Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Four (4) C's Of Color Management

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Empty
PostSubject: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:10 pm

I have started this thread to start something for the Newbies in the Field of Color Management.
lol!
Consistency: Can it reproduce consistent colour across the image and from print to print?

Calibration: Adjustment of a device to conform with specification.

Characterisation: Determining the colour gamut of a (calibrated) device.

Conversion: Transforming colour to optimise reproduction from one device to another.

These are the basic things to remember in implementing CMS Laughing
Back to top Go down
icon22

icon22

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:38 am

Sir,
what do you mean by "color gamut"?

Please also explain more regarding "conversion"

Salamat po!
scratch Question
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 pm

icon22 wrote:
Sir,
what do you mean by "color gamut"?

Please also explain more regarding "conversion"

Salamat po!
scratch Question

color gamut - the ability of a device to capture colors

conversion - example: converting from RGB to cmyk in adobe photoshop or in RIP
Back to top Go down
icon22

icon22

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Pareho ba ang "gamut" at "color space". Ang pagkaintindi ko sa "color space" ay ito ang kulay na kayang sakupin ang isang device gaya ng offset press.

Tama ba ito? Question
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 5:27 pm

color space is the gamut of the device your working with. Example: you set the the color setting in adobe photoshop in cmyk as SWOP. That means the percentage that appear in your info is the color percentage of your offset if you are following the SWOP specification. Every correction being made is within the gamut of swop.
Back to top Go down
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm sure we will all learn something from the discussions here!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi Billy. Do you have any news if X-Rite has already created a newspaper Reference Jobs for SpectroEye? As of the moment, the jobs I loaded in our SpectroEye is more on commercial productions. BestMatch really helps me a lot especially when I'm calibrating and profiling our offset. I just load the reference job for paper type 1, black backing, and that's it. Ang bilis mag-calibrate ng makina. The problem is when I'm fingerprinting our 8-tower web offset, imagine the paper waste! Hope you could inform me kung meron na ang X-Rite/Gretag na reference jobs based on ISO 12647-3 (coldset printing). Thanks.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:31 pm

larrysison wrote:
Hi Billy. Do you have any news if X-Rite has already created a newspaper Reference Jobs for SpectroEye? As of the moment, the jobs I loaded in our SpectroEye is more on commercial productions. BestMatch really helps me a lot especially when I'm calibrating and profiling our offset. I just load the reference job for paper type 1, black backing, and that's it. Ang bilis mag-calibrate ng makina. The problem is when I'm fingerprinting our 8-tower web offset, imagine the paper waste! Hope you could inform me kung meron na ang X-Rite/Gretag na reference jobs based on ISO 12647-3 (coldset printing). Thanks.

Hi Larry,

I will try to check from a Friend from X-rite if it is already available. I will try to check also from the data I have it in my profilemaker, what about IFRA, have you tried looking into it?

BTW, good to have you here in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Billy. I believe this is X-Rite's responsibility to create 2 sets of reference data for BestMatch. One would contain the data measured with substrate backing; and then another for measurements done with black backing.

Ifra, bvdm, ECI and Fogra have been promoting a characterization data for newspaper printing, IFRA26.txt...but BestMatch would not be able to understand this format. Text file lang ito. Alam ko dapat may special format, and coding ito para maintindihan ng SpectroEye.

Frankly, I don't know who to write to at Ifra as their core people have started leaving the organization in the past 3 months. Sadly, most of my personal friends at their Darmstadt office had left already (Uwe Junglas, Frank Dieckhoff, and Wim Decaluwe). Others have formed a separate group called i-Media consulting, consisting of Luc Jonquer, Moritz Schwarz, et al. Panay oldies na ang mga natira dun like Manfred Werfel and Andy Williams.

Appreciate your help. Hope X-Rite could come up with this feature kasi this is really going to save us a lot of time (and money).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Four (4) C's Of Color Management   The Four (4) C's Of Color Management Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Four (4) C's Of Color Management
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Color Management-
Jump to: