Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
keystone

Number of posts : 6

Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Empty
PostSubject: Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent   Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:46 am

Hi! Do you have a Marketing or Sales Agent in your printing press business?
Is it advisable to hire a sales agent for printing press? What criteria should I require? And how much is the current salary rate? If commission basis, how many percent should I give?
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent   Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:42 pm

If the owner or members of his family can handle the sales, dapat huwag na kumuha ng sales agent. They can just hire a sales coordinator to take care of the small details such as sending proofs for approval or picking up job materials. The main negotiations, esp. for big jobs, should be handled by family. This suggestion would probably apply to small and some medium size operation.

I have had some bad experiences with salesmen who register their own company name and siphon out some contracts from the companies clients. Madali kasi mag job out pag natuto na. I remember one time I assigned a major house client to a salesman. After a while, I noticed that the sales volume with the client was going down. When I asked him, the salesman told me that our prices were too high. I later found out that when he submits our quotations, he also gives another quotation from his company with a lower price. scratch
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent   Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Bullseye Presstech . The last thing you delegate to your staff is sales. Before you knew it ang mga clients mo nasa ibang company na pala. Most of the time salesmen/agents divert juicy jobs to different presses. Or worst as presstech said they open up their own company para sila na lang ang gagawa and you end up wondering where your jobs are. Although I am not saying na lahat sila ganyan but I believe 99.9% ganyan sila kasi nga very tempting ang kita. Salesmen can only help you boost your sales temporarily then they will bite you (excuse me lang po sa mga salesmen na members hehehe) Very Happy
Alam mo mas nauna sana ako nagreply kay presstech. Naisip ko ang sagot ko di akma sa tanong mo kaya di muna ako nagpost. If I were you I'll forget about the salesmen and kunsumisyon... este .... commission pala. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
Archer

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent   Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 10:33 pm

The problem is if sales is not your forte.
Back to top Go down
keystone

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent   Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 am

Someone responded to my ad for a sales person. What is the current trend in commission or salary of sales agent? Should I require a quota?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent   Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salary and/or commission rate of Sales Agent
Page 1 of 1