Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking For: Spectrophotometer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rielmagic

Number of posts : 6

Looking For: Spectrophotometer Empty
PostSubject: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Good Day!

We are a small scale prepress business and we are looking for USED SPECTROPHOTOMETER. Sino po kaya nagbebenta ng used eyeone (with software) preferably yung capable din mag-profile ng scanner... we are tired of calling a techie to re-calibrate our large format printer lalo na pag nagpapalit kami ng papel... I wonder kung may mga second-hand stuffs yung mga major suppliers like Globis? Magkano ba yung pinakamura assuming na bago? Thanks...
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Rielmagic! Welcome to the forum.
Based on my experience, I suggest you buy brand new, instead of second hand. I bought an Eye One Proof from Ideal Marketing about 5 years ago for P8x,xxx. I use it to calibrate proofers and monitors.
Back to top Go down
rielmagic

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 am

@presstech

thanks for the prompt reply Smile ... actually me nag-quote na kasi sakin ng brand new at a clutching price of around PhP130,000!! (mukang hindi pa ata i1xtreme yun)... kaya kasi gusto ko ng all-purpose na eye-one, kasi i think i can also used it sa RGB desktop printer na pwede ko ring ibenta sa mga clients namin na sobrang nagtitipid at hindi naman digital-proof quality ang hanap Smile ... besides meron din client na ipapa-scan yung docs nila bago i-pa-output sa film in which case we need to be color critical para ma-reproduce ng scanner (na hindi naman yata kayang i-profile ng i1basic package) yung dala nyang docs...

so far ang nakita ko ay yung i1xtreme pero hindi ko alam ang price dito sa atin... may bago na yatang solution yung x-rite sa site nila at parang inalis na nila yung scanner profiling?? Sad Sad Sad

Q: sa Ideal na ba yung rock-bottom price ng mga brand new profilers? thanks po ulit Smile
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi rielmagic,

I have to agree with presstech. Better get a new one. It is very difficult to find 2nd hand i1 spectros (and related software) simply because it is so useful. I do not see any reason why one would like to sell his. One device can calibrate the press, proofer, LCD monitors and also monitor the lighting at your workplace. Getting a new one will also give you free training on how to use the device. This is extremely important if you want to do calibration and profiling on your own.

If you're planning to get an i1 Pro Spectro make sure you get the one WITHOUT UV filter. Also, the latest i1 Publish software can now be bundled with the i1 Pro Spectro. Before you have other options like i1Match, ProfileMaker and Monaco Profiler. i1Match is very simple. The other two are for hardcore color geeks like CIECAM, Alex Dulay or presstech.

X-Rite claims that the new i1 Publish software surpasses the functionality of the older software. Make sure to also ask the vendor to teach you how to use the i1 Diagnostics. It's a very small program which you can use to check the condition of your device. We usually use this once a month to check if our device's optics are still Ok or not.

In the meantime while you still don't have the device you may want to clean the white calibration strip of your scanner. It might be covered with dust already if you've been using this for quite a while. You will need to unscrew the top glass cover of your device. The white strip is under this.

My thoughts only.
Back to top Go down
rielmagic

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:48 pm

@larrysison

thanks for the input Smile i highly appreciate them Smile

actually marami pa nga akong gustong i-dispatsa sa office to give way in buying a spectro like

D19C - wala na kasi kaming offset proofer kaya wala na tong silbi sa amin, all we have is a digital proofer... kaya lang hindi ko alam ang selling price nito at honestly hindi ko rin ito alam gamitin.. hehe

konica magicolor 7450 - almost 2 years nagamit at ngayon 2 years nang nakatago lang... i dont know kung magkano selling price at saan pwedeng ibenta/trade... mabigat kasi tong color laser na to...

microtek scanner - sabi nung dating nagmanage dun sa office, they bought this huge flatbed scanner for 40K... hindi ko rin ginagamit dahil halos pareho lang nung HP scanner na gamit namin na 5k lang Smile please give me some advice kung dapat ko na rin bang ibenta to (ang laki kasi nito pero yung scanning area same lang din ng mga ordinary flatbeds ngayon, pero meron tong capability sa mga slides at film scanning) at magkano kaya ang possible selling price

makakatulong sa akin ang pagbebenta ng mga yan para madagdag sa puhunan ng spectro na gusto kong bilin Smile thanks
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 am

rielmagic wrote:
@presstech

thanks for the prompt reply Smile ... actually me nag-quote na kasi sakin ng brand new at a clutching price of around PhP130,000!! (mukang hindi pa ata i1xtreme yun)... kaya kasi gusto ko ng all-purpose na eye-one, kasi i think i can also used it sa RGB desktop printer na pwede ko ring ibenta sa mga clients namin na sobrang nagtitipid at hindi naman digital-proof quality ang hanap Smile ... besides meron din client na ipapa-scan yung docs nila bago i-pa-output sa film in which case we need to be color critical para ma-reproduce ng scanner (na hindi naman yata kayang i-profile ng i1basic package) yung dala nyang docs...

so far ang nakita ko ay yung i1xtreme pero hindi ko alam ang price dito sa atin... may bago na yatang solution yung x-rite sa site nila at parang inalis na nila yung scanner profiling?? Sad Sad Sad

Q: sa Ideal na ba yung rock-bottom price ng mga brand new profilers? thanks po ulit Smile

Ideal Marketing is the distributor of X-rite in the Philippines. If they don't have the model you need, they can import it for you. I waited about 1 month for my unit to arrive.

Regarding pricing, you should negotiate with Ideal Marketing. When I inquired about the Eye1, they initially gave me a high price. When I told them that their price was way over the price advertised on the internet, they reduced it. Rolling Eyes No such thing as fixed price dito sa Pinas.
Back to top Go down
rielmagic

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:48 pm

@presstech & larrysison

thanks for all your insights... i was able to arrive at a sound decision today... i just called Ideal & ordered a new i1 XTreme... (though I'm a bit in regret for the 2nd hand i1 XTreme which had already been sold by a seller months ago for only 35,000!!!! ) anyway, my consolation is that, in this brand new package that I would be getting, there would be a comprehensive training for which me & my small business would benefit Smile
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Great decision! You'll not regret it. Anong software ang naka-bundle? I think i1Match will be better for you. Others are more sophisticated but also have a higher learning curve.

Btw, check the calibration certificate that goes with the device. Make sure the date is fairly recent. Before using it, ask the vendor to run it through the Diagnostics so you can be sure the device is defect free.
Back to top Go down
rielmagic

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 am

@larrysison

i think iMatch yung bundle nya... yung new line-up kasi nila i1Basic,i1Photo at i1Publish Pro...they do not include functionality to profile a scanner although mas maganda yung software nila i1Profile(which is iMatch containing some modules of MonacoProfiler & ProfileMaker) sabi nila, scanner functionality became an upgrade module sa bagong line-up... kaya I settled for the i1XTreme...

btw, 14 days pa raw yung order ko kasi manggagaling pa sa HK...sila mismo pupunta and they are going to do the training kaya ngayon pa lang im preparing for a checklist sa mga tanong sa kanila Smile

thanks for the additional advice Smile ipapacheck ko rin sa kanila yun Smile
Back to top Go down
CIECAM

CIECAM

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I agree with Larry & Presstek, better to have a brand new. at least you know your bulb is also brand new. one thing more, the calibration plate is very important. pag madumi na yan. baka hindi na rin macalibrate yong spectro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking For: Spectrophotometer   Looking For: Spectrophotometer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking For: Spectrophotometer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Printing in General :: Buy and Sell-
Jump to: