Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints

Go down 
+2
Archer
icem70
6 posters
AuthorMessage
icem70

Number of posts : 2

Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Empty
PostSubject: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Did you know that Canon had their own version of Digital Color Press? Rolling Eyes Offset quality prints!
Back to top Go down
Archer

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 9:26 pm

Digital printers are ideal for short runs.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 12:39 pm

icem70 wrote:
Did you know that Canon had their own version of Digital Color Press? Rolling Eyes Offset quality prints!

They call it Imagepress.
Imagepress C1 - 14ppm A4 Colored
Imagepress C7000VP - 70PPM A4 Colored
Back to top Go down
icc_user

icc_user

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 1:32 pm

I attended the PhotoCongress last October at the Megamall. I happen to get a copy of their Magazine. I tried to ask who printed it from the Organizer. Oh Man! They Said HP Indigo. This is Photo Quality. The Print is an Offset Quality. (better than Near offset as Claimed by other Toner base Printer) The Ink acts like offset. The Cover is matt finish since the paper is Matt. Inside is C2S that is why it looks glossy too. For me, this is the best available Digital Press available in the Market Today. Furthermore, the HP indigo is supported by the people from Graphic Sales who are knowledgeable in Color Management not to mention that they have complete line of instruments to support thier Products.
Back to top Go down
icc_user

icc_user

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:04 pm

icem70 wrote:

If you attended the recent Print Philippines 08, your imagepress print was compared to HP indigo quality. A guy went to indigo booth with his files and printed using indigo, all of the people there was amazed when they saw the prints and compared to offset print. you cant see the difference. and when compared to imagepress print. imagepress prints are so dark and you can't see the details on some part parang sunog. well i just do not know then if your imagepress was calibrated, if not calibrated why the canon engineers did not calibrate it.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 am

I humbly think a good match can only be concluded if all colors are within the ISO 12647-2 and/or ISO 12647-7 specified tolerances. Also if there's a good visual match between monitor display, proof & actual prints viewed under ISO 12646 or ISO 3664 specified illumination. My thoughts only.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Blade

Doctor Blade

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Sir Larry correct me if I'm wrong but I guess Mr. icc_user is comparing the two digital prints as against an offset print thereby the comparison will be with regards to dot quality, screen pattern, and ink saturation as it adheres to the paper. ISO standard will not play an important role here.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 am

Doctor Blade wrote:
Sir Larry correct me if I'm wrong but I guess Mr. icc_user is comparing the two digital prints as against an offset print thereby the comparison will be with regards to dot quality, screen pattern, and ink saturation as it adheres to the paper. ISO standard will not play an important role here.

Hi Sir Doctor Blade.

I think that is not the case. Quoting icc_user's post:

"your imagepress print was compared to HP indigo quality"

Your Imagepress?

Anyway, I felt the need to mention ISO to level the playing field so both Indigo and Imagepress (be it yours or mine) would have the same weight...para walang ma-offend.

You're right. ISO does not play an important role if he's comparing both digital printers WITH its offset counterpart.

Thanks for pointing that one out.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 am

Doctor Blade wrote:

That is what I understand too. It is the appearance. The toner base is so grainy, specially on the gray part.

Well, it is not an apple to apple anyway.

Indigo price is between 15M to 20M pesos, while the Imagepress is only at 7 to 10 million.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints   Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital Color Press produces like Offset Quality Prints
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Technical Topics :: Digital Printing-
Jump to: