Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flexoto

Flexoto

Number of posts : 61

Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Empty
PostSubject: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:25 am

How would I know if my plate and blanket cylinders have correct setting? I mean the clearance in between cylinders. I saw one technician who put a small amount of ink in the blanket cylinder to test the clearance but I don't know what to look for in this type of test. Is there any other way to do it? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.printers-mart.com
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:12 pm

There are special guages to measure the bearer setting of the cylinders. The "ink test" is used on the fly. However, t is not very accurate. I suggest you get one of those guages and tell your technician to use the guage so that he can balance the impressions properly.

Guages can be found in some printing supplies store. Just go the the Philippine Printing website and go through the suppliers.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 4:49 pm

Are you talking about the "guage filler"? It's a very thin metal strip inserted between bearer. We want to do it ourselves becaue we are in the province and asking the technician to visit us is just too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Flexoto

Flexoto

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 2:53 pm

After hours of research I got this. I would like to share it to everybody.

http://graphics.tech.uh.edu/courses/3352/materials/Cylinder_Alignment.html
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 1:17 pm

rempress wrote:
After hours of research I got this. I would like to share it to everybody.

http://graphics.tech.uh.edu/courses/3352/materials/Cylinder_Alignment.html

Thanks for the link, Rempress.
Magandang article ito. cheers
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Thanks for the link! Good read!
Back to top Go down
blanketman

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 11:48 am

Another quick on the fly method is to use fuse wire or any soft wire. With the machine on impression inch the fuse wire between the bearers. Then measure the thickness with a micrometer. This will enable you to balance the pressure.
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:42 am

Thanks blanketman!

Just curous, will the fuse wire be soft enough so as not to damage the bearers, gears etc when you use this method? Fuse wires are kinda think.
Back to top Go down
blanketman

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Ibler,
If it worries you the fuse wire that is, then you can use solder. Either way it will not damage your bearers.
Back to top Go down
ibler

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Thanks blanketman! will try this trick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting   Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plate, Blanket Cylinders Setting
Page 1 of 1