Filipino Printers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to Dualtech?

Go down 
+5
APC
randy
billy
ibler
Sandman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandman

Sandman

Number of posts : 404

What happened to Dualtech? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:15 am

I recalled back then we were having young trainees from Dualtech. I'm just curious why they closed shop?

Maybe it's good to have a training school once again in the P.I. but this time it should concentrate more on digital workflow.

What do you think, guys?
Back to top Go down
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:12 am

That is a great idea sir larry! I'm sure a lot of people think the same. I read in one of the Frontliner (local printing industry magazine) issues that the pptf is organizing one such institution to support the printing industry.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:40 pm

ibler wrote:
That is a great idea sir larry! I'm sure a lot of people think the same. I read in one of the Frontliner (local printing industry magazine) issues that the pptf is organizing one such institution to support the printing industry.

I heard that it will be open on the 3rd quarter this year, it is somewhere in Quezon city (ang lawak kaya ng qc)
Back to top Go down
randy

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:24 am

Good day!

Sir, larry I'm graduated at Dualtech Training Center batch of '99 M3 ung section namin. Mr. Intet Victorino ung adviser namin i thick u know him.

dalawa kami na nag OJT dito kaso ung isa eh lumipat sa PEP Inquirer. peru may taga dualtech parin after samin ngayon eh operator ko sa press. maganda sana ang exposure namin kaso ngayun wala na yata MEDIATRONICS un ang course namin.

Di ko na nga po alam kung nasan na lumipat ung Dualtech kasi wala na po sa Pasay ehh. alam nyo po ba kung saan sila Lumipat di ko kasi nakukuha ung Transcript of records ko ehh.

after kc ng graduation start na agad ako ng work dito.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Nagkakilala na siguro tayo Rands nung binisita ko si Alex diyan dati. Kaibigan ako nung ka-batch niyo....si Domeng kulit. Thanks to Caloy Gaston na-absorb si Domeng sa WorldPress after his OJT.
Back to top Go down
randy

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 pm

Sir larry i know Domingo ka batch ko po kc yan M4 ung section nila. I also know Mr. Gaston naging consultant kc sya rito noon iwan ko lang kung kilala nya ako kasi hindi naman kami nakapag usap pa eh.

Sir, thanks po ulit sa email nya ha.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
APC

APC

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi everybody,

Just read a few posts in this topic. Years ago there was a possibility for Philippine graphic arts people to have a training in the Netherlands. Some people whicha rementioned here like Caloy and Intet were part of that training program. I happened to be one of their trainers at that time. The Dutch organisation (Ingrin, which unfortunately does not exist anymore) which was organizing this and also tried to set up a training scholl here in the Philippines. Ingrin set up a training school in Sri Lanka and indonesia in which projects I was involved. Unfortunately this never could be realized. At that time there was a possibiity to have a project like this subsidized by the Dutch Government. Even with this the involved Philippine partners never could agree and make the final decision. Organizations like PPTF mention every year that they are planning to do something but until now it never took place. That is one of the reason why APC invested in own trainin faciities including Print Simulators. We developped programs to assess the knowledge and skills of operators so that we can provide to the point training. We have to do this on our own since it seems to be very difficult to do this together with the local organizations. But we are still willing to cooperate and are still waiting for initiative from the organizations......

regards

Frits
Back to top Go down
presstech

presstech

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi APC!

Based on my experience as a long time member (and past officer) of PIAP, PPTF and even PIBFI, I regret to say that I agree with your views. During the '70s , PPTF had a very active training program which was supported by several Dutch volunteer experts who conducted the training sessions. The program covered most areas of the letterpress and offset process, including repro photography, stripping, platemaking and offset operation. At that time, PPTF had a lot of training equipment including 2 offset presses, camera, platemaker, etc.. Unfortunately, the same situation does not exist today. The main mandate of PPTF is to upgrade the technical standards of the industry through training. However, not enough attention is being given towards the fulfillment of this mandate.

I would like to go on with this discussion. However, this is a forum which is accessible all over the world; and It might be inappropriate for me to express my views here. I did, however, write a letter to the PPTF board last year to express my sentiments. It was published in the 1st quarter edition of the Frontliner Newsletter. Nothing much happened after that.

I am happy to note that this forum has been successful in serving as a venue for members of the industry to share their knowledge and ideas. PPTF should have been the appropriate organization to conceptualize and implement a forum like this. Unfortunately, it has been hibernating.
Back to top Go down
intet

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi People,

I just joined the forum. Hi Mr Randy Lumacang, this is your Sir Intet. Mr Ileto informed me about the forum. Hi Sir Frits.

About Duatech, the training center still exist, you can visit www.dualtech.org.ph. They moved somewhere in Binondo, a five storey building was donated by Norberto Ty and Salustiana Dy Foundation. We're suppose to occupy that building for the printing school but we decided not to pursue it due to funding problems in 1999. Besides, we already trained enough student-trainees during the pilot project for the printing school project under Dualtech Training Center Foundation and DOST. We developed the Mediatronics Technology (combination of media, electrical, mechanical and electronics technologies) course where Randy, Domeng and the 150 others graduated between 1996 - 2000.

Dualetch right is focusing more on the Electromechanics Course. We have to drop the Mediatronics Course for the graphic and printing industry because of the difficulty of getting enough funding during that time, just after the 1997 financial crisis. Nevertheless, we were able to supply the best technically equipped technicians for the Philippine graphic industry even for a very short time. Some graphic companies participated during that time in the 20-month in-plant training program were Heildelberg (EAC), FEP, Fortune Packaging, Majestic Press, Printwell, Papercon, Studio Graphics, Kagitingan Press, Worldpress, Brown Madonna, Precision, Votra Phils, Vibal, Inkwell, Hiyas just to name a few. The late Dipl.-Ingineer Manfred Haedicke was very helpful during that time as our Printing Consultant and lecturer. Papa Boy Kitane was very instrumental curriculum development and as a part-time lecturer.

Some printing companies are still sponsoring student-trainees from Dualtech but under the Electromechanics Technician Course. Trainees have more emphasis in machine maintenance and troubleshooting.

Sad to say that I have to leave the printing project with a heavy heart. I became Summit Media's Production Manager in 2000. Summit Media is the leading glossy magazines publisher in the Philiipines right now.
Back to top Go down
APC

APC

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Intet,

Welcome on the forum. Good to have you here. I hope we can help the industry in the Philippines to become an educated industry. All input from people like yourself is always welcome. And maybe, just maybe on one moment we can establish a national printng school........

Regards

Frits
Back to top Go down
intet

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi Frits,

I tried it for the nth time already, under Dualtech, PPTF and PIBFI but the industry is not ready for it. It entails acrifices, dedication, technical expertise and funding which I think not present in the current situation. For the meantime, I will just channel my efforts to my current work at Summit Media. Anyway, we already made significant push to standardize the industry starting from the top. I believe most of the industry big players are either ISO-12647 compliant or working on it. If we can make the certification costs from SCGM, UGRA or FOGRA a lot cheaper, many companies will be glad to give it a try.

Thanks for welcoming me. I will inform the other technical guys to join.

Cheers,

Intet
Back to top Go down
APC

APC

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi Intet,

You are right that the industry might not be ready but as long as organizationa will not take the lead in this seriously and it would depend on the effords of indivuals like you and me (and some others which you will find on the forum), the industry will never be ready. I just got invited by the Sri Lankan training institute to conduct a seminar. As you know, this institute exists for more then 10 years now and is a joined efford of the Sri Lankan graphic organizations. The Philippines printing industry will not be able to catch up with surrounding countries when they do not educate the workforce.
Indivudual companies who invested in training are a good example for what can be done. The companies which were ISO certified are a good example of that. They are among the few in SE Asia which are (really) ISO 12647 certified. The costs involved in certification are indeed an issue for companies and I am glad to say that that probably will change in the near future. But nevertheless, certification will only be reached when companies also invest in knowledge otherwise the will not be abe to keep the level the aquired.
It would be a good thing when others woud join the forum. It only can benefit the industry and hopefully will lead to a more organized educational structure for the Printing Industry in the Philippines.

regards

Frits
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:00 pm

I guess if we want more people to join the ISO bandwagon we should think of ways to make the cause more popular. Otherwise, they won't bother.
Back to top Go down
ea

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 am

Sir Larry,

I just read this FPF yesterday and i am just curious about you. About Dualtech, i attended training in this company early 90's when their office was in Mantrade and in Mandaluyong. As i remembered EAC now Heidelberg (Phils) donated 1 offset machine to Dualtech in Pasay address in 1995, i can't recall the exact date. And one of the successful student of Dualtech who attended OJT at EAC is Francis Mina (mediatronics) who is now a freelance printing technician.

Anyway, can we get in touch more on email? My email address: otadgap@yahoo.com.

Best regards,

ka ea
Back to top Go down
APC

APC

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:00 am

larrysison wrote:
I guess if we want more people to join the ISO bandwagon we should think of ways to make the cause more popular. Otherwise, they won't bother.

Hi Larry, I fully agree with this. As you know we are trying to promote ISO through seminars and in direct contacts with companies. It would be more helpful when organizations like PIAP or PPTF activiely would start promoting ISO. I think a good start was the FAGAT conference organized by PPTF in which ISO 12647 was a main topic. Hopefully they will follow up on this locally here in the Philippines.

Regards

Frits
Back to top Go down
Sandman

Sandman

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 am

billy wrote:
I heard that it will be open on the 3rd quarter this year, it is somewhere in Quezon city (ang lawak kaya ng qc)

Sir Billy, any news kung nagbukas na ba itong printing school sa QC? Sana naman matuloy ito.
Back to top Go down
billy

billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:00 am

Si Sir Presstek and mas nakakaalam nito.
Back to top Go down
ea

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am

Baka ito ang nasa TESDA? It was open last year.
Back to top Go down
jetpmojica

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi!

I am also a graduate of Mediatronics Technology at Dualtech batch '99, M4... I took my In-Plant training in Vibal and was eventually absorbed after graduation... I also worked in Diwa Scholastic Press.

Kamusta na kaya mga classmates or batchmates ko?

Jet Mojica
Back to top Go down
intet

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Jet,

You can call me at Summit Media, 398-80-32 or at 09228130894.

Intet
Back to top Go down
jetpmojica

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Sir Intet... Thanks for the reply...

Its been a long while since that Dualtech days... Parang na-miss ko tuloy yung mga batchmates/classmates ko, hehehehe... I think a REUNION is high time for now para naman makapagkamustahan at magkita-kita ulit.

Here is my contact number: 09236426846
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Dualtech?   What happened to Dualtech? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to Dualtech?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Filipino Printers Forum :: Printing in General :: The Printing Industry in the Philippines-
Jump to: